PIE - Reducing new allocation to Zero 0

Hi,

If you have let say, 5 stocks in a pie, with 20% allocation to each one. For some reason, from now on, you donā€™t want to add new position to one of the stocks, but you want to keep it in the pie. Can I keep that one with 0%, and the other 4 with 25%. I canā€™t find that option, I donā€™t know if is possible or not.

Thanks a lot

If you have five slices in your pie and decide to invest in only 4 of them, you can follow these steps: go to ā€˜Overviewā€™ ā†’ ā€˜Investā€™, select ā€˜Customā€™ as the fund distribution option, adjust the preferred slice to 0% and decide how much you would like to invest in the other four.

Otherwise, the smallest possible slice percentage is 0.1%.

Wouldnā€™t the best way be to export the 1 share to a stand-alone investment, and redistribute the remaining shares, otherwise you would continually show as needing to rebalance?

Personally, I donā€™t use rebalance.

I find it frustrating having to import/export and adjust. Particularly if you know others have copied your pie.

It would be great having the option to have a slice at 0%.

1 Like

To give context to why. Normally it is for tax reasons, I want to top up some slices of my pie in GIA and some in ISA.

If you donā€™t use rebalance can you not just press the X button on the stock under edit our and then just continue as normal?

That removes the stock from the pie. Which isnt ideal if others are following.

Hi @Bogi.H

Thanks for your reply.
I found your solution, but is possible only when doing an extra deposit in the pie. if for some reason you donā€™t want add to a slice when you do a recurring (auto invest) the minimum you can set is 1%. Would be nice if we can reduce that to 0?

Thanks

I get your point :ok_hand: We received a similar suggestion recently, and Iā€™ve already passed it along for consideration.

1 Like