Portfolio Tracker App

Yep, loads of useful functions to be had;

How about we put a community Numbers template together?

I guess it would be something along the lines of

• Tab 1: Straight lift of trades from 212 to template
  • Tab 2: Pivot table of all assets ever traded, current position, first and last traded.
  • Tab 3: Historic Prices tab. All the assets along the top, dates down the side. Formula to pull back prices for timeframe needed(if date greater than last traded, and position nil, no need for price type thing).
  • Tab 4: Current Valuation - with a date to filter and look back if needs be.
  • Tab 5: Historic Balance & Portfolio Performance Tracker

Iā€™ve been meaning to upgrade mine for a while. Its currently a ā€œthis is your latest valuationā€, and I roll over the TNA when I remember to track total portfolio bookcost/current value. Not the greatest to be fair.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Portfolio performance for a while now (props to @kali who recommended it here a few times) and Iā€™m very happy with it.

The problem with various sheets and some other tools I tried - like Sharesight - is, that most of them donā€™t coop well with different currencies. I keep my account in CZK and have holdings in USD, EUR, GBP and GBX. Portfolio performance does the job very well in this regard.

1 Like

Difficult to work out from its website, but all the screenshots appear to show it works on ETFā€™s - can it also deal with normal equities as well?

I made a Apple numbers template at the weekend very basic your list above sounds great, can I steal a copy ?

I use a Google sheets spreadsheet currently, it pulls data using the finki.io API, it can be slow sometimes but does what I need, as I only invest in dividend paying companies the spreadsheet was mainly built around providing an overview of upcoming dividend payments and an overall snapshot of the yearly dividend of the whole portfolio!

It doesnā€™t really focus much on growth metrics, but it works pretty well for what I want to do

A community template (Apple Numbers or Google Sheets) sounds interesting. The only problem is everyone will want something different and it might be hard to coordinate

Portfolio Performance looks interesting as well. Can anyone who is using it tell me, after the initial setup, how long does it take to maintain it? During a normal week/month how much time do you spend using it. I am asking as I am looking for a simple setup and donā€™t want it to become a full project that I need to dedicate time in my calendar.

Depends on your activity. I donā€™t have a lot of transactions on my Invest account, because it is mostly growth and dividends. Few times a month add a dividend transaction and the DRIP buys. Not more time than entering it in a spreadsheet.

1 Like

If you donā€™t mind using Excel, Iā€™m using a workbook that I created (which took more than 6 months to complete :sweat_smile:). I wanted something as simple as possible to use, yet advanced in the information it provides, but couldnā€™t find any platform to give me all the info I need. So, Iā€™ve decided to create my own lol. You choose your portfolioā€™s currency, you add your Transactions, Trades, and Dividends, and some info for each ticker, and you are good to go.

Iā€™ve also used the T212 CSV format and included the option to import your accountā€™s history automatically using the file exported from the app.

You can check it out here Excel Investment Portfolio Tracker Template | Features - YouTube

For any questions please let me know!

2 Likes

Just when you think youā€™re getting somewhere on Excel, you see a video like that :joy:

Really good work.

1 Like

Thank you! :grin:

Excel is a pretty powerful tool, it just needs some time to learn basic functions and putting everything together. Especially with their recent introductions of Live Stock Data and the ā€œSTOCKHISTORYā€ function (historical data), they made it possible to track our portfolios closely.

If you need any help with Excel, send me a message and maybe I could help you out!

P.s Iā€™ve created a post of how the workbook works, if you would like to check it out Excel Portfolio Tracker

You could try Portseido. They support uploading Trading212 transactions and they gives nice graph and performance summary and other cool visuals

2 Likes

The best implementation I have seen so far is: Share Portfolio Tracker | Sharesight UK - BUT they are just too expensive for my level of investment, and the beneifts of tracking my Portfolio would be at a Loss the way the markets going :joy:

I would need the Investor pricing plan as the Starter only allows up to 20 holdings. The Investor plan is Ā£14.25 - Per month Billed annually or Ā£19 billed monthly. This is pretty steep for the average retail trader in my opinion.

I tried Portseido before but it is more aimed towards the US currency and consumer and wasnt a viable option for me if I was going to go the paid route.

Itā€™s such a shame T212 doesnt have better analytics or allow an API. Would be great to see Trading212 link up with TradingView or ShareSight at a reduced cost.

Have you tried wallmine? You get one portfolio free I think and need to tweak the 212 input, but itā€™s not bad.

Interesting. Itā€™s free if you donā€™t have a lot transactions?

Update: First 50 transactions free

1 Like