Possible service disruption

@phildawson this is total rubbish. This is the same thing done to me. CRIS isnā€™t AMC or wallstreetbets stock

It doesnā€™t matter what instrument, if you are retail then you are protected from having a negative balance.

It usually occurs when someone places a market buy premarket and gaps up hard and they have limited available funds.

Based on the timestamp was that the case?

1 Like

https://finviz.com/map.ashx

• inability to log in
  • inability to buy stock
  • inability to sell stock
  • inability to cancel pending orders

All in what? the span of 1-2 weeks?

Can you even call this a broker anymore?
ā€œFreeā€ is starting to show its price.

Anyone found a good alternative? Interactive Brokers? Degiro?
Iā€™m sure T212 is not intentionally doing this. Highlighting this issues should put some priority into their work and into future stability of the platformā€¦meanwhile a backup broker isnā€™t a bad idea.

What are your thoughts?

I have done 3 of those things this past week without any problem. Login was only a problem for a short time on Wednesday. I am expecting things to go back to normal once this odd tussle between hedge funds and small investors comes to an end and am willing to wait for that rather than change brokers. I appreciate that experience was different for those who had interest in some particular stocks.

The last week has no doubt been frustrating for many. However it was not isolated to T212.

I had no issues buying or selling any of my investments. I avoid instruments I know are going to be extremely volatile. What happened was predictable and people made a deliberate choice to jump on the Reddit bandwagon. Does that mean it was their fault? No. But it is the risk you take when you ignore messages warning of extreme volatility that could cause service disruption.

Happy for you Richard. As you can see around the forum, many ppl are not in this happy case.
This needs to be brought to attention IMO.

Wym brought to attention? You think T212 didnā€™t notice these issues? If you want another broker then go search for one on google but I think making these kind of threads is not needed given there are already existing threads of each of these issues e.g. buying restrictions on certain stocks, possible service disruption etc.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi,

Thereā€™s lots of different information (not dis-information!) about problems encountered over the last 2-3 weeks by members.

My concern is really just the fundamental ability to be able to get onto the system Iā€™m using, the Login and authentication process is owned and managed by Trading212 so it is ultimately responsible for the correct operation. Itā€™s a totally separate thing to the trading and market feed problems encountered. I had Login issues myself last week on 4 separate occasions all around markets opening/closing times - 8am, 2:30pm and 9:pm (I canā€™t recall the exact days tbh). I have mainly open positions in the UK and just want the ability to see whats happening and make my own decisions and act. Iā€™m not interested in AMC/GME although I know many many people have committed to these.

Nowadays it is so very easy to use Cloud technology (Azure/AWS etc) to allow simple and flexible ramp up of its resources - it would allow the Login/Server process to automatically add resources from the Cloud if say 100,000 users tried to Login at the same time - if this was setup properly it would be totally transparent to the user. I honestly donā€™t see why this is even an issue in 2021.

I think myself that the Login issues should be separated into another thread so it can be tracked easily, I understand the merging of chats and putting it under service disruption but it doesnā€™t make sense to me.

I think everyone has had a good learning curve over the last few weeks, I know I have and via the forum have been able to pickup some very valuable points for the future - so many thanks.

I sincerely hope we can all get onto T212 at 8am (or earlier) Monday morning! fingers crossed.

**Note: Apologies if the infrastructure/server fix has been posted by T212 but I could find no real answers out there to the situation.

unable to connect again! When are you actually going to have a working platform? @Team212

1 Like

This is bullshit let me sell my shares!!

Come on guysā€¦ again not working on Mondayā€¦ Please keep us informed whats going on

Peopleā€¦dont have sympathy here for T212. They knew this was going to happen that it would be a high traffic day. Thereā€™s no excuse to this.

this is rubbish T212

Bad gateway message on the web platform
@Team212

Why am i not surprised?! Canā€™t log in to trading212

Looks like the website and the app is down yet again.

1 Like

Yep need to get this sorted

Canā€™t access site server issue again!