Possible service disruption

How did this end up? Did it sort itself out?

1 Like

After checking your account, I can confirm the following. You had held 4 stocks of GME, and you had placed 2 separate orders aiming to sell them - a limit sell and a market sell. What happened with your account is a quite rare situation. Normally, each order you create is pending confirmation from a trading venue where it would get filled. Once the order gets confirmed, if it is a market order, it gets executed when there is sufficient liquidity (at the best available price). If it is a pending order (limit or stop), it gets filled when both the target price and volume find suitable matches.

As far as the sell orders are concerned, normally, once a sell order is confirmed by a trading venue, you cannot place a second sell order that would conflict with the quantity of the already created sell order. What I mean is the following - if you hold 4 shares and place a sell order for 4 shares, you will not be able to place another sell order if a trading venue confirms the first one. Analogically, if you hold 4 shares and you place a sell order for two shares, you will be able to place an additional sell order for only 2 shares if the first one has been confirmed and is pending execution.

In your case, you managed to create a limit sell and a market sell (4 shares each), and they were pending confirmation simultaneously due to the excessive market volatility yesterday. Unfortunately, they both got confirmed, and you ended up 4 units short. Our equity service does not allow the opening of short positions on real stocks, and the system created a buy order to terminate the created short exposure.

Thank you for the reply, like you said the system managed to sort this out on its own but I appreciate the explanation on why this happened.

Exact same thing has just happened to me! How long did it take to sort itself out?

Same has happened to me, has yours corrected yet??

Hi Rumen. I have a similar issue on my account.

Hi @Rumen, itā€™s been 24 hours and Iā€™m still seeing the negative stock in my account. I canā€™t sell it or buy any more of it. Any update on this?

1 Like

Hey @Rumen - I am having the same issue too - a negative stock showing in the app - could you please help me?

Same here for me. Iā€™m negative and I canā€™t buy or sell because it says Iā€™ve got a pending order. Help please. Thanks @Rumen

Normally, the system instantly sends an automatic buy order to even out the discrepancy. We will look into it and update you shortly.

Hi rumenā€¦apologies for pestering as Iā€™m sure youā€™re really busy especially now with the current market condition. I just wanted to ask if there was any update on my situation as Iā€™m restricting myself from trading in case trading 212 charges me for the negative balance and I donā€™t want to be have to be forced to sell. Thanks

1 Like

@fletcherdroopy The matter is currently being looked into.

The situation.

I own stock position which i want to sell out. I place sell limit order. On open i see that market is unlikely to reach my price. So i press cancel on the limit order and place market order to sell. The result? i got the notification that my sell limit order did execute on short spike. ā€œThats greatā€ i think. Minute or two later i get notification that my market sell order is also executed. I am immedialy bombarded with no less than dozen of notifications that market buy/sell actions are executed.

My positions was sold twice and then forcefully covered with market buy orders.

The end result:
Direct financial loss
Mobile application was virtually frozen and spawning buy sell orders over and over again. Trading during critical market period was virtually not possible.

So is it normal that system sells the stocks you donā€™t have? Then covers at market price with whatever financial loss to the owner?

I have seen similar comments in the past but no conclusion.

Guten ze lucken with that one.

10 minutes until we all crash :boom:

Donā€™t worry about it. Just check in twenty rather than ten - itā€™ll all still be there.

Did it crash???

Impressively no! well done 212!

Although my buy orders are a little slow but better than not working :grin:

1 Like

order stuck at cancelling again! FML

My order is froze on cancelling again just happened 2 mins ago