Start small and don’t jump!

I definitely want accumulating (I trust Einstein had it right with his quote on compounding) does T212 give you a break down of reinvestment’s as it’s not broken down on the specific stock into page like for instance Imperial Brands is. Or do you find this info out from an excluding source?

I take it you can decide which stocks you want distributing and which you want accumulating?

So did you weigh in on VFEM because your prefer it and it works for you? (Don’t answer it I’m being too nosey :slightly_smiling_face:)

Thanks again, top advice as always :grinning:

Don’t lose the demo you won’t learn anything as trading is mostly physiological and it feels so different trading with real money

1 Like

I’m not sure about that. I trade now with real money and continue to do so on the demo platform too. Won’t be losing that it’s still a vital tool.

I don’t really have much fear or doubt and my confidence is pretty as it was before I began this journey, my knowledge has improved though :slightly_smiling_face:

Not quite sure what you mean with the first part. The dividends are reinvested by Vanguard to keep the correct market index weight. I’m not sure there is a simple way for a retail investor to find out what exactly they purchase, but it would just be the market broadly speaking.

Yeah most of the funds have both accumulating and distributing options.

Well, I just hold the belief that emerging market growth may out pace western growth as many more people get lifted out of poverty. Population sizes are also a factor as India and China have over a billion each. Every country in the top 10 highest populated countries is an emerging market with the exception of United States (and maybe Russia). Honestly I have no idea though, people have been saying this for years and it still hasn’t really come true. Hence why it’s still a globally diverse portfolio.

Edit: The other counter argument to this is also: It’s the developed markets companies that will be the ones to capitalise on emerging market growth. We already see it with Apple, Nike, Nestle and countless others.

At the end of the day, I have no idea. I just put money in markets.

Further edit lol: It’s not that I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s just that you can’t know how these things are going to pan out. At the end of the day a move like this is just a bet. Another good tip actually, is to be very honest with yourself about why you are buying things.

1 Like

Ah I see, it’s reinvested. Thanks that’s answered that question I had too.

Ha no it’s okay I understand what you mean, it’s totally impossible to answer any question’s I’ve asked with a true and definitive answer, yes/no, black/white. It’s totally changeable and subject to personal interpretation it’s just helpful to take advice from others with a longer life span in this field, I find it incredibly useful and find myself coming back to this thread time and time again.

Good tip too, you’re right money isn’t a toy and each investment for me needs to mean something.

Thanks once again. Have a lovely day

Hi

Would anyone know a quick indicator on the app version to see weather a said stock in this case Vanguard is an accumulator or a distributor?

I’m struggling to find (on the app) this information.

Thanks

Just paste the ticker into a web search. This one is distributing. It’s HSBC not Vanguard.

Before you invest in any ETF you probably want to read about it more fully on the issuer’s website or someplace such as morningstar.

2 Likes

Oh yeah sorry HSBC I’ve been flitting between Vanguard FTSE all world and HSBC.

Sort of wish it was available in the app - would be a good shout for future updates.

Spend my life copying and pasting and didn’t even think of that.

Thanks

Anyone got any experience with MSCI world health care index?

Think it’s good to have a diverse portfolio and currently I don’t have any health in there?

Thank you

I think you should pay attention in the underlying of the ETFs.

For example, FTSE All World ETF already has healthcare included. So if you buy another healthcare sector ETF, you’re going to overweight healthcare in your portfolio.

Just make sure to check before you invest! So you can make the best decisions!

1 Like

Thank you, I decided to go with MSCI. Did lots of research on HL website and watched a few videos. It’s a gamble at the end of the day but I like that these are accumulative as so many are distributing. We’ll see :woman_shrugging:t2:

It’s such a mammoth task researching everything but glad I did.

Got a few Vanguards but varying ones.

Thank you for your reply

Some of them indicate distributing / accumulating in the name.

Just search for: (Acc) or (Dist) in the app.

1 Like

Hi

Another quick question :slightly_smiling_face:

If one of my stocks reached 50% it’s value and I traded out just £5 of the profit (Swing Trading it’s called isn’t it?) - how come the £5 isn’t physical cash and it’s showing +£1.66 and not £5?

Thank you

It’s a UK stock.

I am not sure what the goal is, but stock per say isnt profit.

Or to phrase different, if you sell share, you have base price + profit. Profit being difference between Average price and Sell price.

So it is not “possible” to just sell 5 GBP profit, you have to sell base price which is return of investment…

Ps it wouldn’t be smart idea tax wise to be able to just pull 5 GBP profit, meaning in invest acc whole amount would be taxable. This way only 1.66 GBP is taxable

I think it was more a trail test, do it and see the outcome. I was told about swing trading but my own fault for not researching more and asking on here first (still it’s only a small mistake with a profit taken regardless, thankfully) One I know doesn’t work the way I thought it would.

Thank you for your help, now I fully understand. Another new thing learnt and it’s only just hit Monday afternoon :slightly_smiling_face:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer money from trading 212 ISA to another ISA?

I know it’s possible to open and transfer in the same financial year and not add to a new one but can’t see the option in the app?

If not, will wait until 2021 but wanted to get underway before then.

Cheers

You can yes, but it needs to be done using a ISA Transfer form.
Only cash can be transferred, not open positions.
contact isa@trading212.com to get these forms and have them complete the process.

Time is 1-4 weeks to do.

1 Like

Ah fab. Thank you for that :grinning:

Hi there,

What a wild day on stocks today. Hello and welcome to the red :woman_facepalming:t2: Anyways…

Quick question - does anyone use a free dividend tracker? Or is there one that be linked to T212? I know you can check it daily etc but I’m building a spreadsheet for this specifically and wondered if there’s one out there that I can link to google finance or similar?

Thanks

I just do my own spreadsheet as a rough guide.
I have a few tabs, such as (Previous trades, Prices and levels, Pending orders, Fund info).

Prices and levels looks like:

Date Name Stock Price Prev High % from High Good Price Level % from Price Level % Change From Last Month

Fund info:

Ticker Fund Name Fund CCY Fund Size TER 1Y 3Y 5Y YTD Return Return Return Inception date Distribution policy Fund domicile stocks dividend yield %
(in m £) in % p.a. in % in % in % in % /Risk /Risk /Risk
1Y 3Y 5Y
VHYL Vanguard FTSE All-World High Dividend Yield UCITS ETF Distributing USD 1,534 0.29% -16.98% -11.64% 13.67% -23.01% -0.79 -0.27 0.18 21.05.13 Distributing Ireland 1638 4.09%

I just scrape them from websites and pop them in for my own use.
It just gives me a general sense of what it is etc.

Previous trades
Copied directly from the daily/monthly statements then I apply a filter so I can sort them all on the fly.

Order ID Instrument/ISIN Direction Quantity Price Total amount Trading day Trading time Commission Charges and fees Order Type Execution venue Exchange rate Total cost