Too many people were banned from these forums for poor reasons

A lot of us are also on discord groups, and there was a lot of people posting the comments they were banned for, which were harmless, some were banned for 1 year, one person was banned for 1000 years.

The fact that youā€™re banning people from the forums who are just discussing all the issues? Sure some of them may have deserved it by taking things too far but others are rightfully annoyed and just engaging in discussion on here

Iā€™m not sure which mods were doing the bans, but they need to be looked at as many were completely unjustified and itā€™s only serving to hurt your reputation more.

I fully expect a ban for something as small as this post after the way the mods here have been going.

13 Likes

Our community is a place where people can share ideas and constructive feedback while following the guidelines available upon creating the account. Toxicity and false accusations are not in the spirit of what weā€™re doing. Furthermore, most of the banned users got their posts flagged by different users or moderators.

2 Likes

To lock people out of the community for in your words ā€˜causing dissentā€™ when some comments were as simple as ā€˜T212 havenā€™t replied to my support email for monthsā€™ and ā€˜Whatā€™s up with you why are you doing thisā€™ just isnā€™t fair.

Even if you want to ban people for such small reasons, ban them for a week or two not for a full year.

Ofcom gets a bunch of stupid reports every day about miniscule things, that doesnā€™t mean they should be listened to, people flag for a variety of stupid reasons.

Like I said, some may have deserved it but Iā€™ve seen the other posts people were banned for and itā€™s excessive.

4 Likes

Sorry to say that, but thatā€™s not true. In fact, we have a team dedicated to help to support related questions received in the community, and we contact via DM each client who has a similar inquiry.

The users I suspect youā€™re referring to were dedicated to spam accusations under some of the popular topics, totally disregarding what our team shared regarding the same matters.

Having been around the forum for a while now, I can say from experience people donā€™t get banned just for voicing their opinion, or even for criticising the service.

There are a number of regulars who will agree with me on this, and a number of us regulars have also at some point voiced criticism in some form. The difference being, it always remains matter of fact, level headed, and doesnā€™t degrade to personal attacks and/or wildly unfounded and outrageous claims, of which there have been MANY of the last few days.

6 Likes

I agree with you, that some deserve to have been banned, but Iā€™ve seen some of those who were banned and they were doing just that, voicing their opinion and criticising the service, but many of them were NOT doing it in a degrading way or using personal attacks in what they were saying.

I can link some of the comments on here later to show what some were banned for.

I myself have had no response a few times from support via the trading platform email, so someone should not be banned merely for pointing that out,

4 Likes

Can we at least get some of the bans looked at? And remove some of them, with no way of emailing after a ban and for many Iā€™m sure being caught up in bans for bad reasons it needs lookng at.

1 Like

DannyMoffitt i got banned just because i said Trading212 have outage and is down when we couldnā€™t login to APP or Web. I cant see any rude or misinformation it was the truth. I think some moderators have issue with critics.

Thanks
YLL

6 Likes

This is exactly what Iā€™m talking about, itā€™s obvious there was a blatant misuse of bannings over the past few days and some mods just got trigger happy with it

3 Likes

People getting banned for telling their opinion! this is crazy you cant just ban people because they have their own opinion! dont be fooled by Trading212 they only want people to be like oh wow Trading212 is the best please you cant even have your own opinion about them as soon as you do they ban you!

1 Like

@VALENTINA We never had any issues with people criticising us. Thatā€™s why we created this forum - critique and feedback helps us improve our product. We only ban people who post offensive messages and do not keep the good tone of conversation.

4 Likes

You can see from a poster that that is simply not true, and the images people have shared on discord of their comments and then their ban also paints a different picture. They may have been annoyed but they were definitely not offensive, so clearly they were banned for criticising.

3 Likes

Exactly! Iā€™ve seen people getting BAN for stupid reasons this isnā€™t a FREE SPEECH! Iā€™m I getting ban because I put explanation mark here and capital letters? Come on this is forum for a reason you got to understand peopleā€™s frustration. I havenā€™t seen nasty comments or anythingā€¦

2 Likes

So care to provide some evidence? Or just another baseless claim.

1 Like

Exacly! Give us a strong example where you ban someone because they said something offensive? This is just selectionā€¦ these who speak out will be blocked these who sit quite and pretend its normal day will stayā€¦

1 Like

Actually I asked you @VALENTINA , if you had any real account names who got banned without just cause?

I had my share of ā€œcriticalā€ posts in past, never got banned.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s one user that got banned, I can tell he was annoyed at the service and criticising it (which is apparently okay)

But nothing he said in this was offensive.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming that may have been a new account created from another account being banned.

Its not like a normal member who regularly engages in the forum, they created the account to spam that thread.

1 Like

I check history of this account, joined January 27th, 1 day used. Sole purpose criticised t212 endlessly without any constructive feedback.

Probably alt account of previously banned as @phildawson mention.

1 Like

But according to T212, criticism of the platform isnā€™t a bannable offense unless youā€™re being offensive.

1 Like