Too many people were banned from these forums for poor reasons

Sole purpose of that account created was to put fuel on fire.

As @Vedran said, sole purpose to add fuel.

I idea is to nip that in the bud to prevent the forum from turning into a shitshow.

3 Likes

So basically, you canā€™t criticise?

2 Likes

You not allowed shssss keep it quite or you will get ban :smiley:

1 Like

Thats not what I said, if you look at my posts are good half of them are constructive criticism.

If you create an account, for the sole purpose of shitposting. Then yes it should be nuked.

4 Likes

Even so, with all this, handing out 1 year bans (and 1000 year bans for one power tripping dude), with no warnings isnā€™t right. Warn people, give them a week ban maybe sure, but to cut them off from the forums of the platform they use to trade isnā€™t fair.

2 Likes

Fixed for truth. :thinking:

Youā€™re just belittling people having genuine criticisms now

4 Likes

If it was an active member of the forum who had been here for sometime and had an off day and decided to go to town then yes itā€™s would be worth giving them a warning to dial it back a bit.

For a new account with the sole purpose of derailing, spamming, trolling, misinformation and offensive material then yes block that account.

The 1000 year ban comes from https://www.discourse.org/ thats not one power tripping dude saying :thinking: a 1000 years should do it.

They donā€™t look like ā€˜shitpostsā€™ to me, I have to say.

People understandably become frustrated when they canā€™t have their valid concerns addressed, and when money is involved and no one is listening, they take to the forum, Twitter, Discord, FCA, wherever.

If customer service was better Iā€™m sure this vented frustration would be reduced, but banning only stirs things up more.

Offensive posts, sure; the example given: overkill, IMHO.

7 Likes

I have voiced my opinion on banning practices all over the internet. And I am just one of many. Every single poor soul I have warned of this place is hope for a saved soul.

Look at my name!

Incredible what I have witnessed yesterday

Distasteful, two-faced practices

P.S.
I agree hateful comments should be removed but the things I witnessed yesterday, the censorship, just incredible!

6 Likes

This forum is the only place people can go to. Live chat is no longer available and you get generic email reply after 24 hours so where people go? on forumā€¦ and then you ban themā€¦

3 Likes

Other than the one person who joined a day ago (who may or may not have had a previous account). Are there any other examples to consider before everyone gets on their soapbox shouting we demand free speech.

Or should the title be changed to

Two many people were banned from these forums for poor reasons

What would be a valid point to ask, is how many people are on the forums, vs how many are banned. Is the service actually poor, or are people just venting because they cant place a low cost trade due to volume of users.

In my view, Trading212 use our collective investments, to offer us a really good deal to trade through the Interactive Broker platform. It is a really cost effective means for anyone to trade for small amounts - levelling the playing field so to speak.

What has been going on lately, I donā€™t technically agree with, but you cant fundamentally say that people are buying up all these Reddit stocks on their investing/trading fundamentals. I donā€™t disagree with what is going on, but surely we have to agree it is ruining the experience for the rest of us normal traders/investors.

Trading212 have had a lot of flack about the service being down, but many service providers have been down temporarily lately, and so have Interactive Broker who are massive. I even found Fidelity down this week, and I would pay Ā£10 a trade with them.

People need to take stock of the service they expect/receive from 212. These are not normal times, these are not normal trading volumes, and the fact we can place small trades for Ā£1 is not helping with that.

Hopefully some normality will return to the markets soon.

2 Likes

We have to remember that Trading 212 is in a competitive business and there are those who wish they were not as successful as they are. Compared to some competing platforms I think they are more ready to accept criticism and allow polite open conversation on their community forum than are others. While not wishing to be too paranoid, I can see that there is a an ever present danger that persons working for competitors will masquerade as users in order to post negative things, both here, on Trustpilot, Reddit, Twitter and other places.

4 Likes

I wonder how often @Dao gets banned.
Like every other comment of his, is condescending, passive aggressive, arrogant, far fetched and rude.

Your tongue numb yet @Dao?

But I understand how things run here nowā€¦

4 Likes

People might recognise me, I was around during the crap show. All the comments I saw flagged, flagged myself or watched deleted were either offensive or blatant lies aimed at T212 and other community members, they certainly werenā€™t the weak reasoning claimed about above.

Follow the guidelines or leave. Targeted harassment is also in violation of the rules.

1 Like

1,000,000+ customers of T212.

9,821 users on this forum.

Iā€™m not seeing any kind of censorship whatsoever and Iā€™m on these forums a lot.

It feels like itā€™s a case of Reddit has whipped the ā€˜retail traderā€™ into a frenzy and suddenly everyone has become incredibly entitled.

You can of course give feedback, critical or positive. But you donā€™t have a right to cock it up.

2 Likes

Canā€™t we all just be friends? :relaxed:

3 Likes

@JustLookingThx Well, thatā€™s a good example of offensive language towards a user of the community, which we donā€™t tolerate. If you found a post of @Dao as inappropriate, then flag it, and a moderator will take further action if needed. Otherwise, it just an allegation.

6 Likes