Too many people were banned from these forums for poor reasons

I flagged your postā€¦

See again, you cannot critic members at all!

It is like you cant critic Afroamericans (then you are ā€˜racistā€™).

All I did was critic your obvious practices.
Yes of course its targeted. Thatā€™s what the @ is for. You just protect your people, it so obvious and unfair

6 Likes

Time is Trading212 and Trading212 USERS to collaborate and be in Harmony.

Trading212 need to improve the policy and to ban hatful speech but not critical comments and ideas.

Trading212 Users need to watch the language and continue criticising just based on truth.

Also I would recommend if the new account is created to give some time before posting something so we know if they join just for hateful talk or for real community conversation and ideas.

Cheers

In favour of transparency, and to answer your question, here is a non-constructive post by Dao that got flagged and deleted:

3 Likes

I am so done here, just sad.

One day this will blow up. History, its all there. We never learn

1 Like

Sure, but if it wasnā€™t DAO he would have been banned for thatā€¦

2 Likes

Like it or not this forum like many others have rules. If you break the rules, the post gets removed / you get a warning / you get banned.

Itā€™s the same rule for anyone here. If you a customer or a customer helping moderate it.

Everyone has the right to flag a post. It doesnā€™t mean the person looking at the flag will agree.

That said we donā€™t want to get to a Monzo state of using the flag to mean ā€˜I disagreeā€™

2 Likes

I wish.

You are a good man @phildawson
I noticed that on my former account

Have a good day, really need to go

2 Likes

I figured that would happen :roll_eyes: still believe of the people saying they are leaving, most will still be around for the next couple of weeks and months as is the running joke so far.

@adamheaton Nothing offensive in it besides calling out people announcing their departure as an ultimatum. yet people think that constitutes an instant ban while real offence posts donā€™t? :thinking:

Can you show us the offensive post in this that constituted a ban?

So what is preventing you to become DAO by helping communityā€™s members for next 365 days.

You are mixing accounts created solely for trash talk, vs person who has been dedicated member of the community for over a year.

Iā€™m just trying to help bring a bit of logic to a heated topic.

Its feels like a lot of emotions flowing at the moment from GME/AMC and the downtime caused by a huge amount of activity in the past week. We have a huge number of brand new traders that have jumped in without knowing how stocks work at all, not even knowing when the markets open and complaining why its not buying yet.

The thing everyone seems to forget is we are all humans, people make mistakes. Not every action will be the correct one. @Dao is just a customer, they arenā€™t being paid by T212. They just like the platform enough to give their time for free to help create a community.

If you give someone power to moderate then you need to trust they will do the right thing. You canā€™t expect they will always take the same action as you would have done.

2 Likes

Vedran note some accounts got suspended and people had to create new accounts to express their opinion. I fully agree we should try to work together and help each other.

Cheers

2 Likes

I understand, but fact remains 99% of banned folks, have never spent single day in community other then trash talk.

Community is here to help each other as you said, if your sole intention is to cause havoc, then it is not a place for you.

I donā€™t see regular members getting banned for criticising and I seen fair share of criticism.

2 Likes

So if we have approved the post from the newly created account, then I think weā€™re on the same page that as long as the guidelines & criteria listed above are followed, anyone is welcome to join our community.

1 Like

I donā€™t actually see anything wrong with that post. It comes across as polite and saying Au reviour.

You have to read a flagged post in context rather than isolation.

Its more like saying ā€œdonā€™t let the door hit you on the way outā€ which I agree with but kind of stirs the pot and probably isnā€™t needed or helps the situation. Itā€™s a close call either way to keep or remove imo.

2 Likes

I agree but also you need to understand the sentiment and why this reaction happen. Rule are there to follow and apply. But also people get emotional specially when dealing with Trading and money and interruption that happen was putting petrol to fire its like sword with two edges.

But I agree we must work together to cool down the situation and try to prevent future disappointment.

As i said we need Trading212 and Trading212 need users.

We should work for WIN WIN situation for both sides.

Cheers

Disclaimer ā€œif anyone get offended and disappointed with this message im sorry it is just my opinionā€

1 Like

Without taking this off topic as we already have a thread, I would have like to have seen T212 sticky a post with:

Itā€™s not us preventing you from buying these stonks its Interactive Brokers that we use, so whilst we feel for you, we literally canā€™t do anything about it. We also canā€™t control how they are processing the orders we send them. The only thing we can sort is keeping the website and app running, sorry we are trying our best with the massive spike in traffic and activity.

However they took a decision not to side either way and possibly gave the wrong vibes that it was being done to protect the customer.

People will jump to blaming T212 without realising they arenā€™t the ones controlling whether or not a stock can be bought.

It also leads to people creating accounts for the sole purpose of having a shouty rant for 5 mins.

Basically this.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say 99% of banned folks were new users, there were quite a few who had been here for months contributing and then banned after being rightfully annoyed for a single day.

Either way the bans need looking at because 1 year is excessive for most of the cases.

1 Like