Top 5 stocks for 212 members

Itā€™s certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. My immediate reaction reading your comment is would there be some conflict of interest with a large tech company taking over all the immigration and defence contracts Palantir has. Then I remembered this is the exact thing a tech company would love. All that tasty data! Iā€™m sure they would be interested and are keeping an eye on it.

It was months ago so I canā€™t remember the details but I remember the executives at IBM praising Palantir and I believe a subsequent partnership formed. If there was a company who may acquire them, it could be IBM. With Palantirā€™s CEO keen for making cash by selling his shares, is it possible heā€™d let the entire entity be bought by IBM? Maybe!

Edit: just read the comments above saying the same thing. Oops.

Donā€™t think we didnā€™t notice that artistic license taken on Pinterest. :wink:

I actually bought the wee man a few Pinterest shares in his JISA to see where theyā€™ll be when heā€™s 18. Will do the same for my girl but a different stock, still deciding which.

1 Like

Iā€™m very dubious about pinterest, I personally have results from pinterest hidden on my google search results. They got results for anything you search for and it is never relevant, if this sounds like ā€œweb directories of 2000sā€ it probably is :slight_smile:

II is not too bad, as long as you trade reasonably less frequent also keeping the monies in their relative currency accounts helps avoiding the criminal FX fee there. It is interesting just 6 months ago I was 99% sure that Iā€™d like to transfer my SIPP to T212 if it existed here, today I am 99% sure that I do not want to :man_shrugging:

What age and gender are you?

Hi, I was looking at KEFI the other day, are you still in this position? did you topup to 500,000 in the end? and what would be a good entry point currently do you think?

I am in KEFI still, only have 250,000 shares which is the most I want on any AIM until derisked.

Well itā€™s been consolidating between the high 1.8s and 2.2 for a long time now. Basically it wonā€™t move until an RNS comes through saying funding secured.

Shareholders have been dragged through multiple can kicks whilst everyone involved comes to an agreement.

So the current status is that itā€™s meant to be done and dusted in June, however thereā€™s an AGM at the end of the month 30th and Iā€™m dubious thatā€™ll be done before then.

Thereā€™s been a few moments with is this the moment and then other times where shareholders have left and lost patience like atm with the SP dropping below 1.9

I would say scaling in now would be good. I can see it potentially dropping to 1.5-1.7 IF the can gets kicked further into the year.

If we do get signoff then itā€™s most likely be 4p on RNS. Then probably a 1p selloff back to 3p as people take profits. Then up to 6p and beyond

Itā€™s been a long time comingā€¦

Thanks for the reply.

I was reading about a new Tulu Kapi project and that production wouldnā€™t start until 2022/23 so was wondering whether it was worth opening a small position. I have no holdings in this sort of sector win my portfolio.

Iā€™m a fairly old dude, for T212 standards I might be considered ancient :wink:

I think that is your answer so as to why itā€™s never relevant. Youā€™re not their target audience at all! Though I suspect if for ladies in their 20s however it is a different story.

When I said relevant, I meant relevant to ā€œsearch termā€
They got excellent SEO and everything you search has a ā€œhitā€ on the website, regardless of the search. And you realise that ā€œhitā€ was an actual ā€œmissā€ (not really relevant) when you click and lend on pinterest.

A very similar scene was present with web directories, and just one day google decides to remove them from the index, and they are now gone.

1 Like

Piled a lot into Abbott, Abbvie and Kimberly-Clark recently.

I see what you mean now! That makes sense. Iā€™ve never noticed but Iā€™ll look out for that.

1 Like

Just bought into this today, looks way too much of an overreaction to the results. When you drill down into it, they made a loss from a number of one off expenses, and had to write off $50m in loan interest. Look past the numbers and their revenue growth is steadily increasing so I can see this jumping back up from current levels over the rest of this year and potentially beyond.

1 Like

Feels like a no-brainer to me.

Iā€™ve also re-started a position in BEKE and JMIA today - not sure if either are at bottom but at current price both feel like a steal long term.

:thinking:

Are you buying some as well?

I kinda want to buy everything under the sun atm as everything seems to be taking a battering.

I havenā€™t done any DD, so it would be a punt at this stage.

3 Likes

holy chimp so much this. so many things to buyā€¦ I want to double my STNE before august 30 (earnings) I want to at least double my KWEB and buy a lot of FDIU
I want to open positions in Computacenter PLC, FMC Corp., Celanese Corp, Home Depot Inc.

got so little moneyā€¦ donā€™t want to sell anything :frowning: :sob: :scream:

edit: how do I compete with Ark invest for buying STNE :sob:

2 Likes

Photo doesnā€™t work any more now I have 2 accounts, but top 10:

Amazon 5.5%
Abbott 4.9%
Alphabet 4.8%
Vanguard All World 3.7%
Berkshire 3.3%
Roku 3.3%
Kimberley Clark 3.0%
AMD 2.9%