URGENT! How did i purchase a stock higher than its current price?! (ISA)

Will keep you posted !

1 Like

Happened to me with DAL but to sell.
Sold lower than the trading price.

Contacted by mail and offered a refund. Didn’t get any news after accepting the refund tho.

Send them an email they will sort it out for you for sure.

Investing.com app gives after hours prices for the US market… It’s not available for the FTSE. Sometimes at open, there is high volatility so maybe this was the reason. I hope the app recommendation helps though.

Multiple things.

Price gaps up/down on open
Buy Vs sell price, see the spread. Your return is going to be less until the sell goes up to match what you bought at.
Dollar/pound exchange, if the pound weakens/strengthens between buy and sell
Check the 1min chart and zoom into the candle

@wh0zwh0

There was topic about same situation yesterday. Not sure if same issue as some other stocks had.

But on open Buy price spiked to 90$ish according to 1m candle chart.

Best is to reach out to support via email form in App with details.

@Kezdetphia I can see one BUY market order yesterday & it was filled at $71.37, which is the best price at that moment in time.

*Screenshot time is GMT+3.

@wh0zwh0 You placed your order at 14:32:35 & even though it filled a minute later, you got the best price at the moment when you placed the order. However, it’s incredibly unfortunate that you got squeezed in at the very last second before the trading halt when liquidity was awful & spreads extremely wide. Here’s a screenshot from the Terminal:

*Timezone is GMT+3.

Stroke of bad luck. I’d recommend using limit orders to avoid such scenarios as stocks that move 20-30-50% in a day do come with a ton of risk.

I had a similar issue with Lloyds yesterday. After a position prematurely closed I placed a limit order that was completed 15% above the limit price I set, instantly putting me significantly in the red. Waiting for clarification, but I’ve been told it’s being looked at.

@BigD The issue you’re referring to is unrelated as it affected CFD accounts only.

1 Like

@BigD are you saying a buy limit on the invest/ISA bought 15% over the maximum you set? What does the History show in the last transaction for Limit Price and Fill Price?

Apologies, as George has pointed out, I chose to ignore the ISA part of the topic’s title. My issue was on the CFD account. :neutral_face::+1:t2: