What a bloodbath today

Just think how much youd have made if you’d sold it all Wednesday when you thought it would totaly crash soon but decided against it :joy:

Wow today’s looking grim in terms of a red sea but good in terms of buying

Yeah I’m still a bit :grimacing: as to what the next couple of weeks will be like. Historically also Sept is always crap.

too be fair it’s just about holding it. when it crashed in march the stock bounced back and more. no need to panic. Well unless youre average tesla price is $500

$415 tesla
$125 apple​:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

True. I do think it’s due to get worse though, we haven’t had the cold weather hit us yet.

I’m seeing today as a practise for what’s to come :cold_face:

Either way I’m keeping my precious free cash free for a while longer.

Going forward I think I’ll just use my account hitting 25% as a marker. :smiley:

2 Likes

25% sell everything and buy coal

and i did that for Apple but somehow my stop limits are not selling and i can’t book my profits. horrendous execution times. i get the sell and buy concept but this is preposterous!

A Stop - Limit eliminates the price risk associated with a stop order where the execution price cannot be guaranteed , but exposes the investor to the risk that the order may never fill even if the stop price is reached. The investor could “miss the market” altogether.

You can have guaranteed execution with a stop order (stop market) or guaranteed price with stop limit. I don’t think you can have both.

the bloodbath has got me out the negative now back up at 1%.

Only annoying thing about this is it happened one week after payday like c’mon, but otherwise it’s all good no sweating the small stuff.

Don’t think the algos or traders like holding positions over bank holiday weekends so expected a bit of an extra sell off albeit not this much.

my bad, i went layman jargon and called a stop order, a stop limit order. it was a stop order because i could the see the crash happening before labour day. it did trigger, but after looking at it for a good 10-15 mins. phew

1 Like

Stick an extra 0 on there. Still averaging down.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

1 Like

I’m long term, but still … new to this and not immune to red numbers :wink:

1 Like

bloodbath what bloodbath :joy:. in all seriousness the 372 price was similar price to the march crash for it and we all know what happened next.

1 Like

Calling it now. Green for most days next week. Tech back up.

Interesting just picking some of the biggest and you can see how they had all pretty much gone over bought and all pulled back to 50 SMA.

All still wildly far from the 200 SMA.

1 Like

Well almost, TSLA taking the 30 for now :sweat_smile: