What a bloodbath today

Cathie wood, ARKK Investment update on market correction, volatility and physical policy

Enjoy.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think that some people are not aware of the risk that they are undertaking, hence the definition of bloodbath. There was not a general bloodbath, the only thing we experienced for the moment was the bubble burst of tech, that so many people were bragging recently about their profits, not taking into account the fundamentals.

Risk is a double-edged sword. Volatility does not always mean profits.

If you are not a contrarian, my advice is to have ALWAYS in your mind a 10% stop loss.

1 Like

Is there any sector that wasn’t blasted to smithereens yesterday? In fact did anything go UP?

Anything dropped low enough to be a bit of a bargin buy anyone thing?

Well badly hit REIT sectors like Offices/Apartments/Malls/Shopping Centers/Triple Net Lease/Hotels all stood up nicely.

Probably other badly hit once like Cruise :passenger_ship:.

My aviation pie is doing well. Mostly lead by Airbus though

Nasdaq and S&P have been following the same trend line for a while now.
For now it’s holding. Perfect rebounce on it friday afternoon.
So far so good… We’ll see.

1 Like

Am I the weird one for feeling happy everytime I see my account in the red? I mean it has been for a while now but still xD

1 Like

It has way more down however, to be truly happy :trolleybus:

1 Like

What a rip off, looool

Hold for gold. Fold and work old.

Buy tech get wreck.

Buy EV and you’re in for a shock.

G dizzy dizzle baby.

LOL.

my portfolio is… well, 1 oil stock and plenty of dividend payers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to thank OXY for the great long red trend :wink: not disappointed though since I could fold it into my pie and average it down. higher exchange rates make my red inflate but also means I can reduce the real damage faster.

@Silenta221

The question is why did you buy them in the first place? to trade, to invest, was it long term or short term?

Is your investment thesis still valid?, do you think buying more at a lower price will be advantageous or do you think the dip offers better opportunities elsewhere?

Or is it better for you to stay in cash and wait, maybe this is the start of a larger correction, perhaps this is the stock market starting ti take on board the damage in the real economy…

I guess what I’m saying is that before you sink your hard earned $$ into stocks ect, understand why your doing it and what would need to happen for you to either add more $$ or sell…

1 Like

@Elcristoph who are you questioning? without a mention its hard to tell.

This is why you buy Defensive Stocks when FOMO takes affect!!!

Otherwise, do not panic just yet. It seems to be a correction for now…

@Silenta221

the person who asked the original question

1 Like

Let us know also when you are close to 25% so we can short the market. YOLO. :rofl:

1 Like

Just under 21% right now… you have been warned… :wink:

I don’t do CFDs, but I really hope it goes down so I can buy some more great “stoncks” at a discount.

2 Likes

Currently at 24.5%, @Rygel . Expect a turnaround tomorrow…!