Why no Two-Factor Authentication?

Any confirmation on this, please?

Just had a random share added to my portfolio, which gave me a bit of a scare. Turned out to be a bonus share, but wasn’t clearly labelled.

Made me realise there is a large amount of money in my portfolio and would appreciate an extra layer of security.

1 Like

Hi guys, is this still due in May? Getting quite uneasy about the funds sitting in my account, I’ve always had a 2FA shield protecting accounts in the past…

Who actually offers MFA out of curiosity?

I’m glad it’s in the pipeline as it’s important, I hope they implement a good MFA system (not SMS…), it will also put them ahead of some of the competition in this area.

1 Like

Not sure I’m afraid re traditional/legacy brokers - I come from crypto trading and all exchanges offer 2FA as standard.

So, how is 2FA going?

“2FA will be released in May.”

3 Likes

Reading between lines, focus is on Autoinvest release, once this is done, probably not far off is 2fa…

1 Like

Hi, is there an update? Unwilling to make more deposits until 2FA is introduced, it’s unsafe and ridiculous for a broker not to have this.

“2FA will be released in May”. That’s quite unprofessional, we are entering July.

1 Like

We’ve started working on the feature.

8 Likes

As we mentioned earlier, we will not tolerate this tone and qualifications.
This community is not a place where people can freely spread their toxicity - there’s enough of it on the internet.

4 Likes

Most brokers at least the ones I have used have no 2fa available :frowning: Focus on their good work

True, none of the other 3 brokers I use have 2fa. And there are already lots of protections in place to ensure that money cannot be withdrawn to the wrong credit card or bank account. People complain about that all the time! But I can appreciate some would be comforted by 2fa.

1 Like

It’s all about fancy buzzwords nowdays :thinking:

1 Like

Even some banks (e,g, Barclaycard), do not use it. I don’t understand what the big fuss is about!

unless your running a keylogger or other hacking platform thats infiltrated your system rather than your t212 account

1 Like

Someone from T212 claimed it was supposed to be released in May.
It is July and now you claim you started working on it?

I am really confused.

C-O-R-O-N-A-V-I-R-U-S :mask:

2 Likes

@AlexK can you share some details on what kind of mult factor auth you are developing?

Will it be the traditional approach like SMS or Microsoft Authenticator/Google Authenticator app?

Is it a more in-house solution instead? Will you be supporting USB security keys like UbiKey?

Also, if theres currently no plan to support UbiKeys can I request that be supported in the future?

you haven’t responded to the concern though, only critiqued his tone, so your answer is also questionable as it has no substance

1 Like

Google Authenticator. As of now, we don’t plan to support UbiKey or other USB security keys.

Actually, the only question in the post was already answered by me just before Alex’s post.