Why Passport on validation?

Hello, i registered an account more than 2 days ago, and wanted to start with real money. I deposited 100 Euros and sent my ID card for validation… After waiting almost 48 hours i received a response that i have to send my passport… Well can i ask why? I don’t have a passport so i can’t use this website? Also this way i have my 100 euros blocked for around a week for that? Anyone else had to send their international passport? Can i have an explanation or at least another way to have my account verified?

Thanks

Me, my brother, my girlfriend we all had to provide passport details. I think that’s standard here

I think each country has its own requirements. I only had to provide my residency-ID and my bank statement confirming my proof of residency.

I had a ditzy moment when validating and didnt know what to scan for the 2nd pic using my passport. so I submitted my provisional drivers license instead

Same photo twice would be enough, at least in my case

apparently there is another page that’s blank you submit to pair with the photo page :stuck_out_tongue: but both sides of a drivers license is typically enough in the UK if you don’t have a passport.

A friend of mine registered 10 days ago (we are in same country) and only sent front/rear of ID card and account balance as a proof of his address. Got validated in 4 hours… I can send anything you need but i still don’t have a passport because it takes almost 2 months to get one here in Italy.

Thanks for the replies tho.

@Federico The passport is not mandatory. Rather out team suggested it as an alternative.

Keep in mind that the ID document and the proof of address document must differ, i.e. we cannot verify an account if an ID card was provided for both - ID and PоA.

If you do not have a passport (to serve as proof of address), the account can be verified with one of these documents:

• A utility bill (gas, water, electricity);
  • A broadband Internet bill;
  • A tax bill;
  • A bank statement;
  • A residence certificate (up to 1 year old).

The document should not be older than 3 months. Online issued documents can be accepted in PDF format. :file_cabinet: Just send it over to id@trading212.com

1 Like

OK thanks, will fix this as soon as possible then! @Tony.V can i send one of those even if the website ask me the Passport?

@Federico Yes, just send them over to id@trading212.com. :v: