Why Tesla price at T212 Different from other sources?

Hi,

I notice the price in trading 212 from yesterday closing was 2214.80$, however all the other sources says 2213.40$. Why is this difference? I notice now happens the same with other stocks, in this case I was interested to calculate the price pos split.
I don t understand why this difference is.
Can any one give a clue…??

The closing price isn’t the price witch was made the last trade? So the Buy price = sell price.

You have a best ask (buy price) and best bid (sell price) shown in T212. The chart follows the ask in Invest/ISA, and the bid in CFD if gone short, but you can switch that if going long.

Anyway a last price would be either a buy or a sell and whatever was actually paid

You are absolutely correct.
The point is, in t212 shows a difference closing price than in other sources.

But I would expect that.

T212 will be the last best ask (buy price).

Sorry, still not convinced
The last trade yesterday was done for 2 213.40$. I just don’t get why on the t212 app says 2214.80$.

Well you see the best ask, so if you place a buy market order that’s roughly what you’ll get.

Same way it shows the best bid next to Sell price so you know that’s roughly what you’ll get for each share with a sell market order.

The closing price is “The final price at witch a financial instrument is traded on a given training day”.

You have two prices though there isn’t a single price. If you are seeing one price it’s because they are showing the mid price.

The closing price is “The final price at witch a financial instrument is traded on a given training day”.

I think you’re just trolling me at this point :joy:

It’s worth reading up on terms like “spread”, “market makers”, “order book”.

1 Like

Would be very nice to have someone from the T212 Team to clarify this…

@Vedran response has a link where @David says it if you really don’t believe me.

You mean, is better to read the terms like “Closing Price”…

I just don’t understand that difference in some stocks.

So you understand that you have a buy price which is the best lowest price someone will sell to you, and you have a best sell price the highest a buyer will take them from you?

Theres not a single price the buys and sells happen at.

yes I Know, you are correct again.

But in Concepts and terms of T212 it says

“closing price” -“The final price at witch a financial instrument is traded on a given training day”.

a bit different than @David said on that reply…

If it I take a random stock say DRX

And then looking at the trades that went through I can see the last price that somebody paid, and the bid/offer(ask)

Ok, so in that case tell me the price that somebody payed for the last trade?

Buy or sell?