2-Factor Authentication Released!

@Team212 it was likely just a blip, but I noticed yesterday when logging in via the web that I was able to get in without 2FA. Every other time I have logged in via web I have needed to authenticate. For the avoidance of doubt, I always use incognito mode, so no cookies.

1 Like

For now I wont Opt in . I need 2FA with mobile phone or via Apple sign-in

1 Like

Had the same, likely they temporarily disabled 2fa with the huge load on the market and servers to try and allow more users to log onā€¦

1 Like

I hope that wasnā€™t the reasonā€¦

I use unique passwords for everything so it is not necessarily a massive issue for me, but still, I enabled 2FA for a reason. The service is great for the most part, but things like this need to be tightened up.

The implementation of 2FA is not good imoā€¦ it needs a mobile app authenticator - some of which have 4,5 or 6 digit codesā€¦ and if you use the wrong one it doesnā€™t match T212.

It would have been far better to simply SMS a unique code each time. I turned it off, because it was so annoying.

Tbf, app authenticators are considered more secure than SMS authentication. I agree it would be better to have the option, but if I had to pick one it would be the app.

Also if you are using the Google authenticator you can copy the code by press and holding it. When you switch back to the T212 app it auto fills the fields (or at least it does on my device).

1 Like

Yeah, sms codes are a bit 2010 amd believe not as secure ā€¦ the various 2fa apps work well.
And if like me you donā€™t have signal In your house an sms is a nightmareā€¦