AutoInvest - Feedback

It would be good to see a pie icon similar to the fractional shares icon on the instruments in the investments list if it’s controlled by a pie. Also a message somewhere on the stock letting the user know it is pie controlled as I think some people may wonder why they are not given the sell option.

1 Like

@MitchB Nice idea. But what if your holding in a company is both? Some in a pie and some outside a pie?

3 Likes

On your portfolio page it shows you your accumulative holdings from stocks and PIEs. Currently there is no option to move current holdings INTO a pie but this is apparently coming as one of the first updates down the line.
You can hold your non pie stocks until this happens or sell up and re-buy them in a pie.

@Richard.W

1. The 0.0094369 is executed at the best market price, NBBO is always a must, no matter if you’re dealing with whole shares or fractions.

Here’s how we indicate if part of your investment is controlled by a pie. I see your point that if the whole investment is controlled by a pie we might need to indicate it better.

5 Likes

Yeah I think it would be good to say “in pies” if the investment is wholly in a pie also.

2 Likes

My point was in reply to @MitchB about putting an indication of whether a holding ia in a pie or not. But this cannot work because the summary of holding amalgamates the two tyoes.

I’m glad to have that reassurance, though none the wiser how T212 actually makes that happen in practice given that market only accept full share orders. I’m prepared to believe its a proprietary secret.

Any ideas about point 1? I have updated my post now that I have received the contract note. This has not helped to explain the disparity in figures. Indeed it has raised further questions about inconsistent figures.

Just experienced a bug with rebalancing orders, the pending orders went through at US open and I got a notification that my pies were successfully rebalanced (and looking at them they seem to be properly balanced) however their status at the top still says “Rebalancing (xx%)” and their icon still show the pie as looking unbalanced. This was resolved on app restart.

@George FYI - I managed to sort it by doing a rebalance shortly after US markets opened.

I was just about to answer with the same suggestion! :slight_smile:

More on the topic: When editing your pie you’re modifying its targets. This action will not trigger investing or rebalancing automatically.

1 Like

Are you thinking of moving pie investments into the pie section?

My investment tab has both my pie investments and standard investments - hoping they will be split - easier to manage

The idea behind the investments tab is to present your complete investment exposure. It enables you to easily see how your investment in company X is going no matter in how many pies you own it.

We realise that this list might become harder to keep track of as the number of investments grows. The solution is to introduce sorting, grouping & filtering options in the investments tab.

10 Likes

Is sorting, grouping and filtering in the works as we speak?

1 Like

Yes. I agree that it is best to see complete investment exposure - how much MSFT I own, both in and out of pies.

It would be possible to show on the Buy page a breakdown of where that holding lies.

For me, there are many data details that can be shown in different ways but may not be so suitable for a mobile first interface. (iPhone 8 owner here)

I always compare this when I watch youtubers using Robinhood and the ones using M1, the former looks and feels much more polished and feature rich.

It’s worked great so far. Setting up the pie was very easy and intuitive. The problem for me is that I’m not going to be investing into it until I am able to put my current investments into the PIE. Any idea when this will become a feature?

Thanks for your hard work, T212 Team!

2 Likes

Does the issue still persist?

No the issue was resolved after closing and reopening the app, however I would imagine it would happen again if the app was open at the time of a rebalance with a pending order being completed.

It must be just a UI glitch because when you mentioned the problem your pie seemed fine on the backend side. We’ll catch it.