AutoInvest - Feedback

Ok that wasnā€™t clear to me. I was waiting to complete it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is how it will look like after the improvement:

8 Likes

Yes, definitely. We know this is a very important option.

Thanks George! And thanks to all the @Team212 crew! This is an industry and life changer for europeans.

Also, the fact that you are so active on this forum, itā€™s priceless. I donā€™t think people give you guys enough credit.

Good job sirs.

5 Likes

Just read every comment in this feed and have to say, amazing!!! Great to see company and community working together for the greater cause!! Canā€™t wait to get using it myself. Keep up the great work folks

6 Likes

One thing I just discovered the minimum weighing has to be 0.5% it be amazing if you go as low as 0.1%

6 Likes

It would be awesome to have it in auto-invest mode as well. A sort of leave it and forget feature for those of us with long term horizon, building a diversified portfolio without the need to balance it at specified intervals. Keep it up guys!

3 Likes

Some of this has been mentioned before but:

• Would be nice to remove a goal after setting it
  • Under the holdings tab, would be nice if the tapping on a company linked to that companyā€™s page
  • When editing the percentage for stocks in a pie, could do with a ā€œdoneā€ button rather than having to tap somewhere blank on the screen

But otherwise great so far!

1 Like

after trying the pie without doing any purchases with it yet, I would also like to give some suggestions (maybe some of these are repeated but will leave them here anyway):

• being able to move our current holdings into the pies (any date for this?)

• being able to sort the pies the way we want them to be, no alphabetical order. one way to do this would be by its current value, going from the bigger pie to the smallest for example

• being able to sort holdings inside the pies the way we want them to be sorted, not by the order they are introduced when creating the pie

• being able to have pies within pies

• show the overall distribution of each holding, outside the specific pie (example, one pie that is 10% of the total portfolio has one holding with 10%). this holding should be shown as 1% of the total portfolio so we can have a better feel how the holdings are stacked against each other outside there respective pies

• we should have the option to drip into other pies, not just the current pie

• to have the current holdings inside the pie, one way to speed up this process would be to sell and buy again inside the pie? just a thoughtā€¦ seems a little bit ā€œtoo desperateā€ but would like to have the answer for this anyway.

if i remember something else will add

edit:

• the percentage of the holdings should be up to 0.01 precision. much better for bigger portfolios
5 Likes

Would be nice to have a ā€œconfirm deleteā€ button when deleting a pie. I only tried it with an empty pie though so not sure what happens to pies with cash in them.

1 Like

Some issues/ideas:

• I created a pie and added money from my free funds. When withdrawing money from a pie back to Invest, the choices in the UI only have options which indicate on selling instruments. That confused me. Also because it stated that it would execute when LSE is open. Eventually is executed immediately.

• UI issue. Text below % is difficult to read on my iPhone 6s. Had to take a screenshot and zoom in.

• Translation issue: please ban the ā€œhangende ordersā€ in Dutch everywhere on the platform. ā€œopenstaande ordersā€ it should be. In this case:
    ā€œWeet u zeker dat u wilt annuleren? Dit annuleert al uw openstaande orders voor deze schijf.ā€

2 Likes

@Richard.W Secret :slight_smile:

As for point 1, the fill quantity was 0.0094369000 at $134.440000, converted to Ā£ -> Ā£105.959221.

0.0094369000 x $134.440000 = $1.268696836 which we just round up to $1.27. Now, the tricky part is here, we base the calculation of your ā€œaverage priceā€ based on this rounded price ->

1.27 / 0.009436900 = $134.578092382 ($134.58).

Itā€™s not something specific to the pies, itā€™s just more noticeable with smaller sums.

1 Like

When i try to manually invest it showed completely, but it didnā€™t buy any of my stocks in the pie, but all of my stock are traded on EAM so the market is open. Is this a glitch? I have tried it multiple times but it wonā€™t registerā€¦ hopefully this will be fixed soon.

When i invest in my pie and the market isnā€™t open when will the buy go through? Right when the market opens?

Thank you @David. That explains the figures I am seeing. I understand the discrepancy is due to a very small value of the purchase. So

Quantity = Investedsum/Fillprice /* computed to 5 signicant figures */
Averageprice = round(roundup(Quantity*Fillprice,2)/Quantity)
1 Like

Yes. You add instruments to a pie, then set their weight. Then add free funds to you pie. I noticed pending orders on desktop and as soon the market opens they were executed one by one. After the last part was executed I got a notification.

Could we get the date the pie was created added please? Would be helpful to give context to the total return and dividends.
I am also assuming a value graph will also be added to each pie eventually?

Yes, value graph will be added as well. It will display the data of your pies retroactively. Weā€™re already storing their performance and currently working on the visualisation.

Since you will be able to select on the graph youā€™ll be able to easily see the start date of your investment.

3 Likes

I must say that I really like this new future, pies & autoinvest.
I created couple pies and invested small amount of money. So far no problems to report.

I would like to see in the future what was mentioned already:
-transfer shares from account into pie
-some better visualization of owned shares in main portfolio and pies

Trading212 team, keep up the good work :+1:

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t find the pies in Practice mode. Should it be available there too? Perhaps itā€™s too computationally expensive to have thousands of real pies and practice pies going at the same time.

Hi @George was wondering if you could give some information on my previous message of the minimum amount to invest being 40ā‚¬ for my 50 slice pie because Iā€™d rather invest with smaller amount more frequently then larger ones.

I tried doing some tests an found that if your pie alocations are equally split then the minimum investing amount is 10ā‚¬ buf if you change your alocations aruond the minimum investment goes up.

In my opinion this shouldnā€™t be the case and the minimum should still be at 10ā‚¬

1 Like