AutoInvest - Join the BETA

See #10 in this list. It is due to come.

Slightly off topic guys. Do you know if you can create a Value Projection graph on the auto invest page for my other investments which aren’t in pies?

Thanks !

One of the main components of the value projection calculation is the investing schedule. We wouldn’t be able to calculate a projection outside an AutoInvest pie because we wouldn’t be able to tell how much money you would contribute.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I am right in thinking that when the auto invest feature is out of beta that I will be able to move my existing investments in to pies for auto invest?

Not exactly. It’s scheduled for Q3 some point. If you have a search you’ll find this has been answered a few times by staff should you need more info.

The only thing missing from this feature is a time when the investment are actual made on the month.

Buying as soon as the market opens is terrible
We need to be able to set a time in the middle of the day to activate investment

:pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

1 Like

I think this reply should clear the FOMO:

In short for each day it spikes green aka +%, you will have red days where you get -% price. Over 20 years this is just a cricket’s sound.

6 Likes

If it were true that investment in the middle of the day were to give consistently better returns for the investor than investment at the start of the day, or at any other time, then the market would have discovered that long ago and market activity would have adjusted to nullify any advantage that a particular time of day for investment might have over any other.

A professor colleague at Wharton Business School, Michael Steele, enjoys the annual exercise of asking his students to invent strategies for timing investments into the market (“only after a 1% drop”, “at noon”, “on Monday” etc, etc). He has done this with decades of students. Apparently, it is popular exercise which students embark upon enthusiastically, hoping to discover something new. He tells me that after backtesting their strategies, the students always find that no matter how intricate, no strategy shows significant outperformance.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight - I’m glad this was thought through

1 Like

I’d also love to join the beta, signed up via the link! If it’s possible for Germans to join.

@George a great idea to add to pies is a ‘fractionals’ option. Personally as I use DividendMax to track my things, it would be nice to be able to have pies attempt to average out money across whole shares, when possible, perhaps by purchasing the cheaper shares and continuing to work up every time

1 Like

Very cool work. @George and team. Love it so far.
I’m not sure whether it has been asked before in this thread (because it’s a long thread)

Would it be possible to sell a piece of pie and the sold piece is distributed among all the instruments ?

Say, I invested 1000 bucks in a pie. I made 100 profit within a week. I want to take my profit out and I can just say, sell 100 bucks worth shares out of all instruments while keeping the distribution as it is.

1 Like

Hi
just something I had with pies about 2 weeks ago:
My weekly account investment didn’t happen - its set to deposit a sum of money every friday for investment into my pies. I didn’t happen, and checking the auto invest options, everything appeared set up to allow it.
I ‘manually’ added the funds. The following week, the auto-investment happened and now appears to be functioning OK.

Also another request of when I can merge existing investments into my pies!

Many thanks

@scarey_biscuits Could you elaborate if money failed to deposit at all or a deposit was made but investing failed?

1 Like

Ahha! This is already possible :smiley: Silly me :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Hi :wave:

This is not very constructive feedback, but I have been trying the beta for 3 weeks and I LOVE it. I have been looking for such a feature for over a year and half. It’s great!

I’ll try to post constructive feedback as soon as I have some here.

Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

Hi George,
It failed to deposit. A week later I did this ‘manually’ and that appears to have cleared it through.
Also those funds I deposited didn’t auto-invest, until the following week and then the whole lot went through!
HTH! :nerd_face:

I understand, thanks, we’ll investigate what happened! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this has been mentioned before but can’t for the life of me find it now -

If I have spec stock in pie and I want to sell to keep some profit do I withdraw - custom - amount and sell?

Thus will this then alter my stock amount and change my average? How does it work?

I don’t want to try this until I know the outcome
thanks

Just signed up for the Beta test, really looking forward to using this feature.

2 Likes