Broker Comparison Table

Wow looks niceā€¦!
Can you add a auto rebalance of the portfolio like m1finance? So you can choose for example 3 stocks and it will automaticly invest every month 100 dollar.

2 Likes

I have accounts with FT and T212, and the latter is quite a few steps ahead - but if you get complacent, I think you will get caught up within 6-12 months.

There are two areas of T212 I would see as quick ā€˜winsā€™ (cost and revenue to your business permitting):

• Changing the minimum traded quantity to 1 (or lower for fractional shares) to allow smaller buys.
  • Offering more ā€˜speculativeā€™ AIM stocks which appeal to us ā€˜get rich quickā€™ retail investors (e.g. GGP, EUA, JLP, etc.)
1 Like

An added feature I would love to see is the ability to categorise/portfolio my stocks in a number of different ways.

I have 24 different stocks now and its starting to get a bit cumbersome - especially when you just want to grab 5 mins 2-3 times a day to check them over.

It would be great to be able to sort into portfolios as follows:

• Sort by Exchange - so I can see the ones that are currently trading and exclude those that arenā€™t (e.g. i would just like to see the US ones in the evening).
  • Sort by Sector so i can see how certain sectors are performing.
3 Likes

Well, they are clearly using Google AdWords (is that the right type of biscuit? (cookie!)), because I canā€™t watch a DIY video on Youtube now without having 2-3 adverts for T212! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Sir, this is funny :rofl:

1 Like

Intresting I watch a ton of youtube and have not seen a single one

youtube ads are known to be funny even before factoring in whether or not you allow for tracked and personalised ads. if you have it disabled you will only ever see generic stuff, if its enabled as soon as you look up something you are bombarded with ads for that or a rival company xD

Wow you guys are amazing to do this !
Iā€™m impressed you are doing this comparison and Iā€™m impressed youā€™re looking so good in it !!!

The withdrawal fee is 5currency unit, itā€™s pretty clear from the beginningā€¦ Iā€™ve seen lots of people say itā€™s a scam but do not understand why yet.
Iā€™d like to see eToro added too, and it would juste make trading212 look better in the end !

And you could add to the comparison whether there is US dividend taxation according to country of residence bilateral accords or not !!! Revolut, eToro : no, Degiro yes from my understanding. So basically do you pay 15% more tax on dividends than necessary if youā€™re in france, UK (from my understandingā€¦) and do not bother to file a tax reduction for it.

2 Likes

I think it doesnā€™t really make sense, as the price is a ā€œfake priceā€, where basically the broker or you depending on the way the market is going, take the risk and incur the cost of the price difference between the ā€œtime of pricingā€ and time of execution ! Of course it would be easier for us, but it would not be a real trade price !
At least if this is implemented, Iā€™d like to have the info at what price the trade was actually executed, just to know whether I lost something or gained something by having trading212 basically insuring the difference !!!

1 Like

I canā€™t really share this table as 2 months on it hasnā€™t been updated.

I also use Freetrade so see below:

Freetrade is now ā€œfree and unlimitedā€ on instant orders.

They have 7 day customer support.

Ratings as follows:

@David would be great to update this monthly or quarterly so that it stays accurate for all brokers.

Hi @Alpha, the table is now up to date. Thanks for pointing out the changes in FTā€™s offering! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

According to Google Search Trends:

Looking at the mobile downloads statistics, the difference is much, much bigger.

9 Likes

I donā€™t dispute the popularity of T212 but be careful with data. As an analyst, I know all to well the potential pitfalls. As T212 can be used via a desktop computer, and joe public (myself included) tend to ā€˜Googleā€™ a website rather than enter the web address, this could be artificially increasing the amount of search traffic for T212.

1 Like

Would that not also be true of Freetrade and Degiro? Therefore all of them should have an ā€œartificialā€ increase, therefore the data is accurate. Doesnā€™t seem like you know how to analyse data.

2 Likes

part of googleā€™s search engine service provides automatic redirects to popular search results. this applies to everything joe public may search, regardless of whether its T212, apple or even Google itself (guilty of this last one a lot).

what is relevant however is whether all those searches are from unique addresses.

FREETRADE only uses a mobile app. I canā€™t speak for Degiro as havenā€™t use it (or even heard of it!)

Agree - uniqueness is the key factor here.

I would say Trading212ā€™s advertising campaign (both physical & across social media) is big differentiator.

@Alpha Indeed. London has a very high population density and cost of living so it makes sense that there would be a sharp rise in google searches once all their ad billboards went live.

1 Like

@David why my numbers of instruments donā€™t match the table?