Broker Comparison Table

The list is not updated:

I think this month we will see more updates on different areas of the platform.

2 Likes

You can move brokers, but you need to do it with the ACATS system. There is around $70 fee to transfer though, Trading 212 may offer to pay this in full or half in the future in order to gain popularity. I am not sure if it is purely based in the US though.

No that is US only. Currently transfering to or from T212 is done in cash.

this would be highly informative. From my understanding is withholding tax should be collected at source (by dividend payout company) and net received by investor.

UK/EU investors in the US stock market would have completed a W8-BEN form to reduce the withholding tax (where applicable) to 15% from 30% without the form at face value.

Worth looking at instrument detail, i.e what share type/class - to give an example Royal Dutch Shell.

They issue Class A Class B

As its Netherlands
stock

No withholding
tax for US Investors

creates 15%
witholding tax for US investors
But not UK/ EU investors

Dividends for RDS.A and RDS.B are generally paid in US dollars based on prevailing exchange rates.

Hope that helps a little:)

1 Like

Well done!

Looking forward to AutoInvest! :crossed_fingers:

I generally really like 212 and Iā€™m considering using it for this year ISA.
Two things hold me back:

• Limited GBP denominated instruments.
  • No multicurrency account (see Fineco for example).

Iā€™d also appreciate more development of the web platform but thatā€™s ok for now; just please donā€™t move to a mobile only approach like Revolut.

4 Likes

Weā€™ll keep adding instruments at an accelerated pace (500+ per week soon).
We see the demand for multi-currency accounts so weā€™ll develop it for sure, hopefully by the end of this year.
The new version of the web platform is in the final stages of testing.

28 Likes

New version of the web platform - perfect !
I donā€™t understand how people trade and invest via mobile, I use 2 big monitors , via desktop computers and still is not enough to monitor everything all the timeā€¦
So thank you for investing time and resources for the web platform !

3 Likes

If you are actively trading then you need that setup with several monitors. when you invest just small ammounts e.g. 100euro every week/month, why several screens for it?

4 Likes

extended hour trading, please please

6 Likes

can you compare to Etoro?
and add DRIP support, inactivity fee, withdrawal fee and insurance (they just added 1 million)?

1 Like

Iā€™ll borrow this thread to ask you guys if Trading 212 is your only broker (mine is!), or do you use multiple brokerage accounts? If yes, which and why? Thanks.

1 Like

T212 is my main broker but i have one for options trading when i want to buy options that is based on my country and charges hefty fees. i would love to have T212 all in one with options

I think you should include also Etoro in thisā€¦I already know that you are much more convenient than etoro but it would help people that are not aware of this and continue to use Etoro

I have got T212 for ISA and invest- currently main broker
HL for fund investing
IBKR for option trading
Freetrade for small invest

1 Like

Also I would add XTB since they recently cut commission to 0 and joined the ā€œfree brokerā€ trend. Plus a new category for portfolio management (pies and automated investments) where Trading 212 leads.

There are some updates to the comparison table that can be made now 1 year after it was launched.

DEGIRO doing ā€˜freeā€™ ETF trades now too. Complex rules and Ā£1000 max but (sort of) free (mostly).

Interesting angle just to make ETFs free but not stocks.

1 Like

@Finki Is it something different than their commission-free ETF list? If yes, can you PM me a link to learn more?

Nope. Itā€™s just that 7 page PDF of ā€˜freeā€™ ETFs

Nothing revolutionary

But ā€˜interestingā€™ I thought

Might trade a bit more over there now

1 Like

Where can I find the latest version of the comparison table contained in the first post on this topic?