Is it the time to dump UK stocks?

Indeed, I would personally keep an eye on:

Unilever about Ā£44 a share, will be over Ā£50 within a year, 15%+ upside from here and pay good dividend

Diageo
Held up better than most but still at Ā£30 I think good value, any dips to Ā£26/Ā£27 good entry. This will push on next year as economy opens more.

GSK
Still cheap IMO at Ā£14, some upside growth even if cyclical with a tasty 5%+ dividend in the meantime.

HSBC
UK bank but international market, and shifting their focus to asia more which gets them more profit)

BAE
Ā£5 is good value, dividend 4.6% at this price, any dips under Ā£5 definite buy.

Lloyds
stock is down more than other banks but I think for UK bank they are better shout than Barclays/Natwest IMO

Shell/BP
Depends on your view on oil and the industry but good value if you think they will come back even part way post covid.

To be honest a basket of these at current prices would probably see a great return in 12 months+

6 Likes

How about Rio tinto as well? It may of got a bit expensive lately though

Why would you sell RR when a lot of their business is in the US and dollars will equate to more sterling with a weaker pound. Now is the time to buy. The same can be said for most of the FTSE100 itā€™s the FTSE250 that will struggle (IMO temporarily).

One market Iā€™d avoid is US stupid prices and weaker pound youā€™ll get less bang for your buck. Investment banks are all bullish on UK.

If you want a good buy and arenā€™t afraid of risk Morses Club this is easily a X3 bagger do your due diligence and you will see.

1 Like

Services accounted for 42% of the UKā€™s exports to the EU in 2019. So yeahā€¦ 42% of UK exports is not much I guessā€¦ The services are not even discussed now so regardless of a deal or no deal tariffs will hit the services sector.
There is no such thing as borderless.

1 Like
  • RR exports over 80% of its goods produced in the UK. US is its biggest market but EU is second biggest by a small margin.
  • Covid is not gone yet. The big engines are not that wanted anymore.
  • Sales dropped for big engines anyway pre-covid. Airlines prefer(ed) smaller aircrafts (i.e 737 MAX ). RR gave up to the middle/small engines market a while ago.

RR is really a mixed bag. I will buy at 70p but right now, given the current conditions is still expensive.

1 Like

There was an entire write up in this weeks Financial Times Weekend on exactly this - stating that the UK missed the boat on growth stocks by investing in more traditional companies in the past decade, but are now looking at tech, particularly in China.

2 Likes

Fair point but I donā€™t think youā€™ll see 70

Iā€™ve never actually heard of this company but itā€™s had good growth and has a great dividend so Iā€™m pretty intrigued

1 Like

If there is a hard brexit it will reach 70 for sure.

may as well throw ur money in a 0% interest bank account if you plan on investing in UK stocks, youā€™d probably gain more money

1 Like

So your bet is that EU will fall apart and investor will transfer the EU investments into UK?

1 Like

Only if you have no clue on how to pick your stocks :joy:

3 Likes

That seems to be the classic brex9t voters argument. Unfortunately thereā€™s no evidence of that happening and that actually brexit has hugely increased eu population belief in amd support of the benefits of the EUā€¦ its been the euro sceptics argument for decadesā€¦still waitingā€¦

Iā€™ve been inspired to start my UK pie after all this. Investing weekly in it from next week for a couple of months :ok_hand:

Unilever, London Stock Exchange, Pershing Square Holdings, Avon Rubber, GB Group, Cineworld Group, Gamma Communications, Astrazeneca.

These are a list of all the UK stocks I currently hold which Iā€™ve identified as growth stocks. Iā€™m sure there are plenty Iā€™m missing and would love to hear your others which could join this list.

Iā€™m reading The Morse Clubs annual report that @Gfclappah mentioned and I like the sound of them from what Iā€™m currently reading. Iā€™ll add them to my pie once Iā€™m done I think.

ASOS and the hut group are in my pie for growth. BAE also as theyā€™re pretty beaten up and have just reached around the 50 day.

Checking out Gamma also as I donā€™t currently own a cloud stock.

2 Likes

Bloody reply never works for me :man_facepalming:

EU is in a terrible state, the debt burden of Greece, Italy, Spain and Ireland pre covid was bad enough, who bailed out Irelandā€¦give you a clue Unitedā€¦The euro really doesnā€™t help nations like Greece, they need the Drachma back and a weaker currency. You watch everyone rush to Irelandā€™s waters if a no deal is the outcome. EU is in a bad place.

1 Like

Itā€™s the boring micro caps that make you rich. Not Tesla, Apple, Microsoft. You have to find diamonds in the dirt.

Do you have any good recommendations?

1 Like

Iā€™d probably say nothing you havenā€™t heard of. Iā€™ll pm you my pie Iā€™m working on.