Michael burry just shorted Tesla - RIP

I would rather put money in and incinerator, then in company which uses name of genius scientist.

10 Billion dilution in 3 months for company which was 50 Billion Cap just 12 months ago. True genius in work, capitalism at finest.

1 Like

I’ve been buying it on and off since last year but I won’t be making that mistake again.

I was buying premarket this morning.

Hope your ok pal. Not been a nice one for you today.

I am still disappointed, not a single screenshot from March, with TSLA.

I want something like this:

@adm image

I didn’t buy any in March. But I promise I’ve been buying pretty consistantly over the last year. I do sell and buy playing with market timing, so some of it isn’t representitive, just trading.

1 Like

I take it your only quick buying and selling on the x3 though right?
Don’t tell me your bag holding them - that decay will kill you otherwise lol :pray:

Nice gains though :smiley:

Exactly that, longest I’ve held a 3x position is about 2 weeks.

Might even have a crack at it myself. :rofl: :+1:

Honestly was pretty scary this morning. The ETP was down close to 30% from the opening price. Very close to the whole thing stopping out lol, that’s when I started buying lol. Took a big risk, just fyi.

I always wonder with this UK assets that track US stocks, what happens when they dip sharply on open then rocket to moon. Surely it doesn’t follow same pattern, otherwise one could just predict “future”…

YOLO? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ha, been there and done it too - likewise, made a nice payday out of it too.
Can be a bit touch n go though at times.

I’m testing a few things out right now @Vedran to try and see if it’s possible to attempt a mini arbitrage by buying up ETFs and inverse of those ETFs for precisely that reason. Logic would dictate that they can’t all track as fluidly as they would like to. & hopefully make some $$ from the difference.

Like end of trade today - somehow everything was in profit - normal ETFs and the inverse of those ETFs lmao. Which makes no sense lol - other than miscalculations. Bought them all at the same moment - for the same amount of value, yet they are wildly different. lol.

1 Like

Do let us know the result. :money_mouth_face:

Lol. I’m probs too dumb to see my wrongdoings truth be told.

But I did two tests today - buying same value at the same time - both exec straight away.
one inverse and one normal.
Somehow both were going different directions and it was losing money.
Tried again tonight, and the opposite happened, they all were in profit.

:man_shrugging: fun to watch though.
I’ll let you know if it comes to anything lmao.

Do you think you can do the same with the S&P and Tesla’s inclusion causing the exclusion of other stocks. Surely institutions can’t unload all in one go so if you get on from day one and short your guaranteed to make money pretty much?

My logic was kind of related to this.
Theres no way they can cope rebalancing this all at the same time, so I thought it’d be a fun test to see what would happen if I held LONG and INVERSE in different ETF providers, especially if they are only -1x and +1x (reducing/eliminating volatility decay).

Just some of the games I play on the demo account when I get bored lol.

Regarding TSLA though, i’m sure you could have a x3 short TSLA and a x3 long S&P.
No idea what the outcome would be though :smiley: But i’m sure someone is making big $ from the inclusion.

Can you explain the bottom paragraph in dummy terms for me, I’m being simple.

How would that work

Barely understand myself pal :smiley: we’re in this together!

I’m just sounding out.

Say once the inclusion of TSLA hits - you may get a lot of profit taking. So even though it’s just been added and ppl would assume it to go up, many may see that as a time for profit taking. (no idea, just throwing darts here).

So you could go long the S&P - banking on the good news.
and buy inverse ETF for TSLA - banking on the selloff.

lol - i’m just sounding out here, it’s not like i’ve got this on right now.

You do know that TSLA will provide 2% of whole S&P500, how does that move a needle? 2% from zero to current price