The Tesla "correction"

So with Tesla nearing 1000 p/e point now before the split. When the inevitable meteoric correction comes just how badly is this going to screw things for the likes of the eqqq etfs do you all think?

It seems all the interest is retail, and realistically as soon as the the EV market is mature and perfected Tesla goes back to being a tiny fish in an ocean full of sharks.

How long can this go on for do you all think?

*right answers will be used for a 3x short and a greetings card will be sent in thank you from my new personal island

2 Likes

nobody knows the answer to this and millions of dollars has been lost trying to short Tesla. I couldn’t think of a worse stock to try and short. p/e ratio means nothing sometimes, stock price is about perception.

Tesla is 3.19% of EQQQ so i’m sure it will be fine.

1 Like

Haha oh God yeah I’m not really gonna try just curious what people thing

Do you mean ‘tech’ correction lol.

Amazon, Tesla, Apple and FB

Microsoft isn’t so bad or Google.

ok then 3000 by the end of the year, then continue going up after that :slight_smile:

battery day coming, plus short squeezes add to more gains.

edit: just remembered split so 3000 will be a push, lol.

1 Like

I briefly tried last week with uncovered puts, not a decent experience :slight_smile:

@Tefal p/e is not important, revenue is a term made up by elites in wall street. The future is solar energy and bitcoin and hemp underwear and kale cupcakes (which almost taste edible)

1 Like

Surely it will be when Covid is over and people start putting their money into value companies with a safe looking positive trajectory . Institutions are just pumping this for now. They’ll capitalise on the gains and move them to previous Behemoths.

That’s my guess.

Please don’t use Bitcoin’s name in vain.

More like when covid is over and people start putting their money back behind bars :joy:

But I thought value premium was dead these days didnt even the Nobel prize winners who quantised value as a theory say its disappeared

For the last 10-12 years there has been a negative value premium (so no premium, actually a loss) as growth stocks (mainly technology) have soared, however I don’t think that means that it won’t exist again in the future.

1 Like

Correction will change mindset

This isn’t to dismiss the correction. But Tesla isn’t just EV. Granted cars may be their primary product, but they also do solar, energy storage, battery production, and their charging network. Not to mention their software and highly valuable driving data.

(I’m not sure how close the next competitor is to fully autonomous vehicles and the data to go along with it?)

So while a correction may still be in hand, it’s probably a mistake to say they’re an EV company who’ll be a tiny fish when other company eventually make comparable EVs.

1 Like

Tesla don’t lead autonomy Waymo, GM cruise to name a few…

Norway highest EV per capita in the world, most popular EV = Audi

It seems far from a one way street? I’m not an expert on the subject but it seems like waymo while into level 4 testing seem (at least form what I saw) to be quite limited on real world data outside of test cities for example.

That Audi looks like an interesting middle ground, cheaper, presumably more available, though lacking some tech (for now). This stuff isn’t apples to apples though. The insight is useful

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I like Elon musk and I think Tesla is brilliant, just the valuation is ludicrous.

New GM EV looks amazing, ‘lyriq’

Plus people need to realise that EV is great but where are all these batteries going to go? They aren’t environmentally friendly in the slightest. Also the national grid has its limits. I’m no expert but surely this will be a drawn out transition which will require huge changes in infrastructure.

Oh yeah i agree. I was mainly pointing out that they’re not technically just an EV car company.

I haven’t heard much but they don’t seem to be very active around here.

I swear I think Elon musks master plan is to use spacex to launch the boring company into space to mine materials for batteries to be the ‘truly only environmentally friendly EV in the world’

… I mean, it kind of makes sense when you look at the companies he’s running. Just saying.

I think in the UK our grid as far as I’m aware is actually quite resilient, the issue is ensuring enough supply rather than having the capacity to carry it.

The other issue is the last mile. That’s where I think there are serious infrastructure issues. Simply put, most people don’t actually have anywhere to charge a car, in fact with new laws coming in next year, some people won’t even have anywhere to park their car never mind charge one.

EVs are impossible until people have actual parking spaces for their homes.

1 Like

Eden your assumptions about the national grid are not true. We recently fired up a coal plant for the first time in 55 days to combat the excess demand from the heatwave!!

That poses another question are these EVs eco friendly when they’re being powered by coal? Lol

Oh no sorry I may have poorly worded. We may not necessarily have the energy availability as EV use increases, but plants and other standby generators are turned on as needed. As you mentioned we had the availability recently turning on a plant to combat low energy production from other sources. I know that on occasion we used to get power from other countries if needed as well, I don’t know if we still do that.

What I meant was that our main grid it’s self as far as I’m aware has no major issues in being able to take higher capacity, assuming we had the energy to pump through it. And the national grid don’t seem to have any major concerns about EV use in the forceable future except for putting in some upgrades where needed.

Any future energy production requirements I just see an an opportunity for energy companies

Sorry I misread your statement.

The big problem for the grid is less likely to be capacity but cumulative effect of lots of low power factor single phase EV chargers.

I expect in the EU some pretty strict regulation will come in governing it and as smart meters are being rolled out that can actually measure reactive current for retail customers people will care about it too. (You wont want do be paying extra for electricity you aren’t getting any use from)

But the USA and other parts of the world could be in for a major problem with the inefficency and the effect of millions of chargers dragging the grid down and just wasting power