Tech sector 🎈

How’s everyone feeling about the Tech sector atm, are we just on the brink of it correcting to sensible levels?

Or just a temp blip?

:balloon: :pushpin: :pinching_hand:

3 Likes

Have been waiting for this for months. Tesla is going down, the more the better

A good benchmark for the tech sector is the nasdaq 100. Right now it’s testing support @ 13000. If it succeeds, most tech stocks should go back up.

Green tech just took a tremendous beating. The iShares Clean Tech went from 1500p to 1000p. Trying to stabilize there too.

There is a fair chance this is the dip.
Just have to wait and see if it holds…
Just my opinion though: no advice or anything.

3 Likes

Whilst I am still heavily exposed to tech, glad I am diversified right now as AXP, JPM, BP, TW, HSBC etc holding the line better than the tech currently. Unless you have bought badly or dont plan to hold long term then dont worry look for buying oppourtunities.

I would like to get more of MSFT, NVDA, AMZN and if they can drag SBUX down with them then that too.

1 Like

Do we know at what price Tesla bought 1,5B in btc?

If btc keeps dropping I see Tesla dragging down tech sector more

Is this why Elon bought Bitcoin? Sold his stake for the Crypto? :laughing:

1 Like

Down down down down down (reminds me of that song by Dr Phunk!

1 Like

We all knew this was going to happen. It still hurts to see the blood red account balance.

2 Likes

My swing trades have all stopped out today which though I’d love to say “it’s just numbers” still hurt a bit :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

For my long term investments though I don’t really have any tech as I missed the rally last year and was never comfortable with getting in late., everything just seemed expensive

I’m sort of seeing this as a healthy correction and wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of what I believe are overvalued stocks report back towards their 200MAs

1 Like

Just a quick addition, I think this is what everyone is looking at. Have to see how the $640 level holds, even with the skew from the S&P addition in volume. I’m sure @Vedran will be especially interested :wink:

1 Like

This is where I’m glad I hold my ETF’s as none have been massively affected.

2 Likes

I’m hoping it’s a temporary blip as I am heavily invested in Tech, but I have a feeling it might be a longer term correction. There goes my 45% gains I built up in 6 months :frowning:

1 Like

You lost 45% the past couple of days?!

1 Like

45 gains, so probably just about 30% of portfolio value. still shocking there is impact 3 times worse than my own :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Probably didn’t write it clearly. I achieved total portfolio growth of 45% in 6 months. Those gains are now only 13% at time of writing and lost over the course of a week

1 Like

tech is probably going to continue shaking out and consolidate until earnings

Christ, so you actually lost 71% of your gains. What a dose.

It it’s any consolation, I lost 100% of my gains and then some.

1 Like

Feels similar to the correction mid-last year. Utterly painful.

What’s keeping me going is the fact that pay day is tomorrow. I would have most certainly bought the dip already by now had I had the cash. I’m happy to get the discount now! In fact, another red morning and afternoon would be welcomed.

1 Like

I’ve been buying the bleeding dip for two datys and PLTR still hasn’t dropped into my buy zone! FFS.

Pay day on Thursday for me. Pity I can’t top up the ISA any more.

2 Likes