[Tesla] Incapable to run a business if this is true

I am happy that Elon is promoting legendary ā€œDeus Exā€ games franchise, but hopefully he can do it in a more helpful and positive fashion.

1 Like

strikes me that the tweet was just to trigger this sort of reactionā€¦ the guy did say they donā€™t spend any money on advertising.

because the media does it for free every time he causes something xD

2 Likes

Exactly lol. Luckily the SEC arenā€™t investigating it, likely because he said it in his own opinion, however they are investigating the tweet from December saying the stock is high. I think he might get away with that one too because he didnā€™t say it was ā€œtooā€ high rather just said itā€™s high, which was in relation to where it was before the spike

I dislike Tesla and the whole business model of spending billions to wasteā€¦
But it is fun to watch Musk go against the flow, or when all zag he zigsā€¦ Even for his coronacrap tweetz/statementsā€¦

For that hatā€™s off.

Spending billions to waste ? What do you mean ?

Manipulating the stock ?
Well, who sells tesla stock when musk tweets this type of stuff ? You gotta not be paying attention :smile: Or youā€™re a short term trader so you should in fact be praising him ! But seriously, people are so unsure of themselves on choosing their investments that the stock moves a lot when Elon tweets ? I say, it moves a lot regardless, and itā€™s just an excuse ! Just look at the past moves, which happen all the time, and are blamedā€¦ well, I guess no one in particular so itā€™s more fun to look at the one time where it was correlated with an Elon tweet.

I mean Iā€™m amazed in general at what type of people could sell off when Elon tweets ! Picture some people in a suit, investing millions in Tesla, massively selling off because of tweets like these ? It just doesnā€™t make sense. I think thatā€™s not whatā€™s happening, or at least it moves only because of people that arenā€™t really sure of their investment. If he was saying he fell sick, or that he was fired or something bad, sure. But this ? Well, heā€™s done it again and again ! Heā€™s probably laughing hard but feeling pretty happy heā€™ll be able to colonise mars easier !

Also, when he tweets, it just shows heā€™s well as usual ! Iā€™d be worried if he didnā€™t tweet, or if he changed his habits of tweeting. Thatā€™d make me worry heā€™s not gonna be the genius he has been up till now !

@zyfihx

Sure if Warren Buffett sells his positions in Airlines, meh - maybe itā€™s just not for him.

But when a CEO says ā€œWhoā€™s buying my overpriced crap over here??ā€ - maybe people should run.

1 Like

Elon doesnā€™t care about the share price, just his missions of EVs and populating mars

Its does hurt his ego when the price goes down and ppl say bad things about him, think this tweet was more a preemptive strike on himself before others got thereā€¦ or something to do with his g/f about to have a baby at the time!

1 Like

I mean that company which exists for ~17 years give or take, has yet to have a single year of profitability. It totalled 4 quarters of net profits since inceptionā€¦

Thats because all the money raised is ploughed back into the company, R&D, building factories etc.

No dividends because that isnā€™t important to them

1 Like

Iā€™m a Tesla ā€œbelieverā€.

That being saidā€¦ the current company valuation and stock price is just insane, I think people already forgot the tech bubble and how crap can be this VC models of ā€œprintingā€ infinity magical money.
Also, rockstars CEOs brings more harm than good for the industry.

2 Likes

How so ? Like steve jobs ? Was that a problem ? I donā€™t really see why, although I guess it could maybe cause people to think itā€™s all thanks to the guy ?

I think thatā€™s pretty obvious, I guess some people donā€™t agree that their money, as investors, is better invested in the company theyā€™re invested in, than in their pockets ! Well then, donā€™t invest in Tesla, but anyway whatā€™s that to do with Elon and ā€œbeing incapable to run a businessā€? :sweat_smile:

Well I guess 5-6 billions of net losses in last few years is business as usual.

Good company should be discerned by balance sheet. I guess same rules donā€™t apply to cult type companiesā€¦

This was only possible in this decade, as it was decade of cheap and accessible fundingsā€¦ tesla is out there since 2003ā€¦

1 Like

Just donā€™tā€¦ please :unamused:

Lolā€¦ I sold just before his tweet. And bought again after it dropped by chanceā€¦ see that its bounced back ok

My bad, this was meant to be a reply and not a new post :laughing:

We might see a downturn or uplift after this, place your bets people. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™d sayā€¦ itā€™s gonna move :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting for that moment when Joe Rogan hands him some weed againā€¦

2 Likes