Thoughts on NKLA?

and I think that there is again a big FOMO of people that didnā€™t buy Tesla very earlier and donā€™t want to do the ā€œsame mistakeā€ again.

Even though, looking to Tesla price history, even if you bought late, letā€™s say when it was already $200 coming from a big period around $30, Iā€™m pretty sure that all that people have no complains at all :slightly_smiling_face:

Technologies apartā€¦ mass production of vehicles is a very complicated business, Tesla is the best example to look at, they started to have some consistency after already had delivered thousands of units, with delays and production problems.

Is anybody here really seeing any concrete evidence of Niloka delivering 50.0000 units in less than 5 years?

Yes. Key is the joint venture with Iveco and their widespread dealerships.

I confess I have to read deeper about thisā€¦ to understand the premises of their venture.

Iā€™m 17 mins in and this is the same old spiel heā€™s touted in all his other interviews, UNCHALLENGED. Why does he speak in past tense as if he has a revenue generating product rolling off the production lines now claiming Nikola has already pioneered hydrogen trucks AND electric trucks. Really?! This is entertainment, the amount of acrobatics with this oxymoron of a horizontally vertically integrated company.

Further, all this technology leading fuel cell and electric battery Intellectual Property he was given for free and took to the next level, then is going to give away to save Nikola money is a load of smoke and mirrors.

How on earth do you see credibility in this?

1 Like

No. They have nothing. This is a Theranos alike company.

1 Like

I sold at 78$, iā€™ve got them since VTIQ at 30$. I think is over priced now but to be honest i like the concepts and the idea for the future but now is to overpriced and they had grown bcs of the news and attention for no reason.

I personally would like to hear folks background, when they talk about energy/renewables etc.

I wonder if people realise that non if this technology is actually profitable, EU for instance is forcing major players to have % of renewables, ie. Major power distributors. While they actually lose money on them, but they have a certain quota to offer % KWH of renewable electricity sources.

Cars similar, they would be heavily overpriced but EU gives some stimulus/incentives for purchase plus companies get some tax benefitsā€¦ all in all the business is not sustainable without heavy stimulus by green movementā€¦

Not to mention ecological benefits are slim at best, wonder what will happen to all those millions of dead batteries etcā€¦

I remember not so far into history, Henry Ford produced "revolutionary technology " priced for 360$ in 1917ā€¦

This is why Vanadium batteries are the best. Fully recyclable.

Well it boils down to cost of production , if the mineral is scarce, the demand grows, price increases. Final product price inflatesā€¦

In all parts of life there is quality material , but we are witnessing in last 2 decades, quality of food, clothes , technicals decrease, life spans decrease, consumerism at its best. Spend spendā€¦

This looks even more promising removing the need for vanadium.

https://dornsife.usc.edu/labs/narayan/organic-redox-flow-cells/

1 Like

@phildawson know of any companies that deal with this ?

Thereā€™s a section on its wiki page listing those trying to develop it with vanadium.

Rongke Power / UniEnergy (now Vionx) would be my choice to watch.

https://www.vionxenergy.com/

As for an organic solution instead thatā€™s very new and I think only University of Southern California has got a working prototype.

Narayan and Prakash have tested a 1-kilowatt flow battery capable of powering the basic electricity needs of a small house.

Hereā€™s a post all about flow batteries and their ambitions. Probably needs another decade or two.

2 Likes

So, I read/watch more about the current state and promises of Nikola, here are my points:

1 - Itā€™s still a very speculative company.
2 - No, they donā€™t master (YET) the technology needed to for supply and build their station network at low costs to be profitable as they expected on their projections.
3 - They mostly like to deliver zero vehicles until 2023ā€¦ covid19, market and economy slowed down, etc.

That being saidā€¦ I understand a little bit better where they stand and what they are trying to achieve. The second point in my view is the most crucial thing and within a year maximum, I guess, will be possible to really know from Nikola how far of the reality they are to master it.

If you have a very tiny percentage of your budget for very risky business, I think it will be fine enter (after a drop) if you really have in mind how far from being a concrete business they still are.

I think the next two to three years will be ā€œall inā€ for them, or they really show what they came for, or they will completely fail as just another crazy startup promising to change the world.

For now, itā€™s something likeā€¦ I want to burn 100ā‚¬ :fire: ā€¦ ok, will buy Nikola stocks :wink:

(I may do it myself :see_no_evil:)

ps: @mcwilliams91 no more 1000ā‚¬ for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Incorrect.

Iveco plant in Germany is already building trucks by hand. In 2021 the production line will start up. I donā€™t think they will leave trucks standing on a parking for about 2 years.

This is the last thing I will say in this discussion.

This company reminds me when people did the conversion on vehicles to run on fuel and/or LPG gas.

On paper it sounds great, but in practice itā€™s a nightmare.
I just canā€™t see this company going anywhere in the future, plus iā€™m getting really shady vibes from the CEO. My gut says avoid.

From last Friday (19th Jun)ā€¦ the CEO said, Q4 2021ā€¦ Q1 2022.
so as I saidā€¦ it mostly likely to happen only on 2023.

Thatā€™s a shame; was wondering if you were still bullish? :eyes:

Is this to me? Doesnā€™t look like it is haha?

Yes. Still in. I think longterm. Not a few weeks. No need to tag me in here again please.

2 Likes

Deleted tweets:

Buyer beware of those warrants and expiration of any lockup periods in coming months.