Trading212 Dividend Tracker

(Actually just found the dark mode, i had to go to profile, then there was a small button saying it)

Very clever. Thank you. Please let me
Know if you do decide to publish the chrome extension.

@miguelfac I am trying to get help with IOS app :slight_smile: New bits to come there hopefully.

@iAndy I have decided to park chrome extension path. Instead of the extension, I am working on a desktop app :slight_smile: Where users will add their API key to sync their account and have some bonus features as well. Still work in progress though. Will keep you posted when it is ready to be used. Then I am happy to hear and improve it with your feedback.

1 Like

will you open source it?

Hi there,

I’ve just tried the tool and it looks really good. However, there are a wrong share counts and price calculations for at least 3 tickers after uploading my CSV-files.

I’ve uploaded one CSV file for every calendar year (2020,2021,2022,2023). Especially some of the older transactions are not loaded correctly in the tracker. For instance, on 21.10.20 I bought 48 shares AT&T shares for $26.68. The tracker says I bought 63.552 shares for $20.15 on this date.

Is there a way to look into this and hopefully fix this? At first glance the problem concerns the tickers T.US, IP.US & PFE.US. The information in the CSV-files seems to be correct.

Also SHELL is missing, but I think that is due to the way Trading212 handled the stock replacement in 2022 and I think I that has nothing to do with the tool.

Thanks for you help on this.

1 Like

What programming language are you thinking to use to code the iOS app?

@WakeMeUp which of them you mean? I have thought to make iOS version and desktop app open source with the hopes community would help to make it better. But not sure if anyone would
want it

@gamertota I’ve started with React native then offered some help with Flutter. Then app was almost there. However, many bits were missing so I am trying to patch it and add features :face_with_peeking_eye: hopefully soon will publish it to PlayStore as well. However, I am learning Dart myself to make this happen. Given this is a side project, I only have my nights available so it I crawling a bit :face_holding_back_tears:

@HRD let me DM you to better understand what happened :slight_smile: I m still struggling with some stocks where there are splits and the data from the export does not match :frowning:

1 Like

Good luck! I think Flutter is a good programming language for dashboards because it is easy to transition the code for web, mobile and desktop!

I don’t know if anybody else here would contribute in terms of open source development and I don’t have much time spare at the moment (and it would depend on what language you’ve used). I haven’t looked at the api at all because of my time constraints and priorities so I’m not sure what its capabilities are. My own ideal would be to have an app that could help manage and analyse watchlist (ie generating alerts on chart indicators) but I imagine that the api doesn’t provide sufficient information for that sort of use

@WakeMeUp thanks for your reply! Well, my stack is a bit colourful :face_with_peeking_eye:
Basically, there is a Laravel framework which does the orchastrates the user jobs (i.e. processing uploaded data etc).
I’ve done a Chrome extension (which I had to retire), it is written with Rust and Vue.
Then there is the mobile app, which used Flutter.
A new desktop solution is brewing, it is using Node and Vue.

I had python code to manage and process shares data, I was trying to make use of it on AWS :slight_smile:

Ah lastly, I have a small engine to sync data from different data sources for Dividends, prices and historical data. It is in Rust as well :face_holding_back_tears:

You see, had to manage few smaller projects here and there :slight_smile: My mid term plan is to finalise the desktop app, so that we can ditch the import export. This would help users to sync the data. With the tool, I can let user to export their data as I’ll let them store the data on a db on their local app.

Please do connect me to discuss the generating alerts on chart indicators because this might be something I can add on the application :slight_smile: T

1 Like

Hey!

Love the app! I feel it’s what a lot of T212 community were longing for! Great job!

I’m experiencing one issue at the minute:
The app isn’t acknowledging the 2022 stock split in ticker GOOG.US. Is there a way to fix this issue in the app? I imported my T212 transations approx. 1 hour ago.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @SF1

I am happy to hear that you are finding the application useful.
According to my data sources, Alphabet Inc Class A seem to have a split on 2022-07-18. Normally, I was automatically adjusting the data. However, I have 12 different feedback on this issue. Looks like when we export the data from our investing platform, Trading212, some of the shares are reflected with splits and some not :frowning:

To sort this issue, I am writing a helper module :slight_smile: So, if a user, like you, have any purchases that would have been affected (or unaffected) with a split, I’ll let you to see these and make changes or updates as necessary.

Hopefully, this update will be published sometime Friday midday.

RecordSplits
@SF1 would you like to check the application, visit the Splits section to see if this helps? I was planning to push this tomorrow but had some time today to write some tests :slight_smile:

Feel free to share any feedback! Thank you

Hi @minasm,

Thank you!

The split is showing in the Splits section, but isn’t being reflected in my portfolio, i.e., my portfolio is still showing the quantity of shares I held pre-split. Is there a lag time before the split will be reflected in my portfolio?

Cheers,

1 Like

I tried uploading the CSV. Everything shows up as expected but somehow there is no data for dividends. I am missing something here?

1 Like

Hello, I have just joined and would like to know if this dividend tracker is still working and still supported? I have tried to upload a csv file from trading 212 but it failed twice saying there is an issue with date format. I have not changed anything in the file. Just downloaded on phone and uploaded on the desktop app, to no avail. Would appreciate some support. Thanks
Sam

1 Like

Hello @Sam81

I might found the issue out. Please check your inbox where you were sent some options.
Hope this helps :pray:t2:

Hello @minasm,
Thanks for the tool. I was wondering whether or not it is open sourced or you are planning on open source it?

1 Like