UK Stocks Recommendations

SMT Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust is interesting at these prices

I like Breedon at these prices

I agree, its still down about 6.5% from last weeks price, which had been in a range of 3850-4000, so from sub 3700 here you have perhaps a 5-8% move just to revert to that, I am confident the market reaction and that of large shareholders recently means most downside is now mostly factored in, since last quarters trading update I was quietly confident full year earnings will be solid, week or two and we will see, but a good risk reward at this price,

Just a few I’m looking at:

RMG
LTI
LGEN
JUP
VIC
BIDS
BSIF

1 Like

I’ve recently considered RMG myself so i can comment on that (decided not to, and instead bought more DGE :man_shrugging:)

I’d say it is a judgement call to buy it or not from dividend investor POV
on the one side they are “marginally” increasing their dividends continuously albeit close to or below inflation (until this year) and their payout ratio is impressively low (below 15%) so one might say, it is a safe dividend.

on the other hand their operating and profit margins are too tight at %5-7. This is not uncommon in the sector, but even compared to peers it is still low.

from a timing point of view I agree with @Hbomb and @adindas ULVR is attractive at current price levels, especially for an entry point.

Homeserve sold nice pay out, money to be made in the UK stock market

Scs have more cash than their MCAP…arbitrage anyone wanna buyout SCS with me and then reward ourselves with an £80mn dividend?

It looks like it has £200m of debt though…

It has no debt, maybe liabilities in the form of leases but 0 debt…just review their balance sheet…

What’s their current / forecast burn rate?

They tend to be cash generating so not really applicable.

Anyone thinking the sell off on Direct line and Admiral was overdone today? Jefferey tends to get things wrong unlike Barclays and Berenger imo

What have people been buying so far?

I bought some more AML shares in the rights issue :grimacing:

A few other trusts tempting too - CHRY can’t fall much lower surely :upside_down_face:

Not sure about their top holdings

Which ones? Klarna is already written down in the NAV, and IIRC 4/5 of the top have reached profitability.

First of many trading updates on UK stocks 2023 that will drive volatility

1 Like

Just think if you could basket stocks and their volatility factors, you could have made a killing shorting of you time it’s right.

Yeap but not my circle of competence, tho i could develop that competence just haven’t got the stomach for it. That said I’ve got few friends that are making a killing with big sums.

1 Like

Any ideas for 2023?

To add, I opened a small position in Nanoco on the list, and am following the outcome of their settlement with Samsung. There is plenty material out there to read, but given they have agreed in principle a settlement with Samsung, then on a low case scenario are looking at a settlement of at least £50m. This is a potentially transformational sum of funds for a company with an mcap currently of around £100m. The share class recently spiked on the news, however the stock is normally fairly illiquid, and a large investor has been taking advantage of recent liquidity to reduce their position from around 20% to 14%.