Web App - Advanced View

If you minimise company details section by clicking on arrow do you see it?

Itā€™s further down, below company details.

Ah yes, itā€™s there but thatā€™s worse. In the heat of the moment you donā€™t wanna be hiding things and scrolling in some scenarios but not in others; consistency.

Up-top, next to the live price as it was in previous implementation. It wasnā€™t broke, didnā€™t need fixinā€™

1 Like

Hi @Daniel.T , @Trading212

Let me start by saying excellent work!

Working within s/w development myself I know what it takes to get this level of change out the door without any issue and to thousands of customers. Job very well done, you should all be proud of both yourselves and your team!

If I may then, I have have taken a few notes of bits and bobs I have come across that for me at least, and I can see on the forum some others too, would be great if it could be added or resolved in an upcoming release.

In no particular order:

1. It seems the clock has been removed.

Or at least I cannot see/find it anywhere obvious. Not sure how many people agree with me, but I for one find it easier looking at a clock than looking at the time on a chart.

1. Please introduce a ā€˜apply change to all templatesā€™ button.

Now that one can view up to 16 charts in one window, this would be an incredibly useful feature as it allows one to scan all charts at a glans following an update to all. Simple example is if I would like to change timeframe all in one go, or say add an rsi to all simultaneously.

1. VWAP and traded volume (+ cumulative) with red and green bars still missing.

Please can these be added. They are basic but highly powerful features for many traders. As far as I am aware myself and a large number of other traders have to resort to looking at these on other platforms concurrently, which is less than ideal. Please note, I am not referring to the current tick volume.

1. Please, please, pretty please can we have pre & post market??

2. Ability to ā€˜scrollā€™ through charts 16 at a time.

Please can we have foreword and backward buttons allowing scrolling through however many chart on the screen at a time? Example would be if one was to scan 16 charts on screen, if one could scroll to next 16 until no more charts in chart list.

1. No chart list.

Would be great if we could choose to see the charts as charts or lists with all important market information displayed, example price, price change (%), volume, relative volume, 52wk high, etc, and then have the ability to double click on a selected chart and bring it up for analysis. Maybe even have the ability to create multiple lists.

1. Instrument search filters keep resetting.

Currently I have to reapply search filters every time I go to search a stock. Perhaps a toggle to retain filters would be useful?

1. Template not retained when opening new stock.

When selecting a new stock in the drop down in any given window of for example 8 or 16 stocks, the new stocksā€™ template settings are inherited, rather than keeping the settings from the stock being replaced. I appreciate that some may well like this, but equally others such as myself may also not.

1. Immediately visible ā€˜live cumulative result, free funds, portfolio valueā€™ missing

Personally I have no real interest in portfolio value, but find myself constantly looking at these parameters when having multiple trades active. Would be great to have these back, even if only by option.

1. Profit & loss status missing when in multi chart mode.

Not to be confused with the profit and loss chart at the bottom of the screen. What I mean here is that a good feature would be to be able to see active profit and loss on a per chart basis on the physical charts when scanning or scrolling through stocks. It also serves as a reminder of which stocks one are actively trading as one can easily forget when having many trades going at any one time. Particularly when your memory is a flaky as mine!

1. Chart indicator names obscuring charts when in multi chart mode.

When in multi chart mode, the indicator names seem exaggerated (white name text) making it hard to see indicators, unless no indicators used/present. Or again, perhaps provide a global on/off setting?

1. Stock tabs fixed in place.

It is no longer possible to drag tabs into desired order.

1. Charts show price only.

Please could we have the ability to choose between linear price or % as some traders such as myself like setting a profit target based on percent change, rather than physical price. This is not to be confused with the percentage price change since market open indicator on the right hand side of the screen.

1. Vertical histogram option would be great.

This is a fairly new feature I have come across and find it very useful to determine when price may eventually settle. Itā€™s a histogram or where price has fallen most frequently for a given timeframe over a defined period. Example below:

1. Market order window fixed in location.

On old platform it was possible to move the market order window across the screen. The inability to move it means trading status is now obscured should one wish to place an order at a very specific moment in time.

With that, thank you again for the excellent platform you have given your patrons and thank you too for consistently making it even better.

8 Likes

Fantastic work guys! Account history exporting is a huge one for me, as not having it was keeping me from trading more actively on the platform. Now all thatā€™s missing is limit orders on fractional shares :grin:

1 Like

When searching for a symbol and opening it in ā€˜Advanced viewā€™, a new overlay opens on top of all other layers. To get back to, what I will call, the actual workspace, one has to:

• close the overlay
  • close the chart beneath
  • then click the Home icon

Thatā€™s a lot of clicks. Is there a shortcut?

Escape. then click Home button. Is that better?

Iā€™d love to see some keyboard shortcuts. Such as one that flips between Standard and Advanced views.

I have noticed that I can have two tabs of my browser open, one showing Standard view and the other Advanced view.

1 Like

Nice. Iā€™m glad youā€™re putting all this work into the web app when many companies are abandoning them to focus on mobile only.

3 Likes

Thanks, Richard.

Better, but not optimal. (BTW, itā€™s ESC, ESC, Home ā† pedantic, but true!).

Best solution, IMO, would be to simply open the chart in the actual workspace (ie, not in an overlay).

100% concur WRT shortcuts. This would also play nicely into the companyā€™s legal obligation to be accessible, as well as improve workflow - a win, win.

Yes yes itā€™s all cool and stuff but how about having some clear reports for tax returns and being able to create folders in our portfolio to not scroll through 1000ā€™s of stocks?..

Question - how do I close an indicator in the advanced view? The option seems to have disappeared in the rightclick menuā€¦

Thanks!

This is great, but why does my https://live.trading212.com/ not look like thatā€¦ I mean the icons are on the right on mine, and I have no ā€œAdvanced viewā€ text at the top. how do I access these features?

I think I need UI training?.. do you have advanced UI videos? - the trading indicator videos are useful old now. I think I need to know how to best use T212 UI, bits frustrate me.

The stock tabs at the top now move again. Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

I believe what you are talking about here is a ā€˜volume profileā€™ which you can get on trading view charts for instance under indicators, the thing is you need to actually pay for this as itā€™s an advanced feature so unlikely T212 would introduce this for free, you can always hope though!

Switch to beta web app, click top right button and at the bottom of the menu it should be there or you can add /beta to the end of the url

Thank you, I must have missed that in the post.

1 Like

Thanks, @trader787 for clarifying ā€˜volume profileā€™. Every day is a school day.

I think clicking a stock in the lower pane should open the stockā€™s tab in the normal ā€˜workspaceā€™, rather than in an overlay.

I canā€™t think of an obvious reason why an overlay is needed in this instance.

2 Likes

Finally, I can use the new app! I couldnā€™t use it before as I rely a lot on the Price Alerts tab which wasnā€™t visible before. Now thereā€™s no reason not to use the new app. Plus I can add more than 10 tabs and more than 100 alerts which was really annoying!

Hi. What is wrong that it is not possible to connect on trading account today?