Would you like a pie?

Is it possible to get the total dividend yield % on the main page of the portfolio in the pie update? Would be amazing to see your total dividend yield (either based on your previous results or taken from a database). Also, would be cool to see at individual dividend yields in the stock information section, future payout dates, perhaps expected payouts for the month etc… Either way would love to see any of these features, would also make life much easier

5 Likes

See my suggestions

1 Like

Hi,

1. Please add option to pause/freeze a pie (no trades being executed while pie is paused)
  2. Blue sky idea… Please add a limit buy/sell option configurable for each entry in the pie. Let’s say:
  • my weekly pie topup is $500
  • 10% ($50) of my pie is Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL)
  • I set pie limit buy for GOOGL at $1250
  • I set pie limit sell for GOOGL at $2000

Every Friday, if GOOGL price is below $1250, a $50 (10% of pie funds) worth of GOOGL fractional share will be bought. If price is above $1250, then GOOGL will not be bought on that week. If on that Friday GOOGL price is above $2000, the whole currently held GOOGL within that pie will be sold off.
The pie would have to keep track of any unused $50 funds from previous weeks until pie limit buy is triggered, so that funds earmarked for GOOGL don’t get redistributed to other positions on the list.
As for proceeds from GOOGL pie limit sell at >$2000, it would be good to be able to say whether the freed funds should be taken out of pie, or used within the pie for buying other positions at the next trigger point.

If I could go even further and add multiple entries of the same ticker to the pie with different %pie limit buy/sell limits, I could catch GOOGL all the way in it’s fall down to $1 :slight_smile:

I will call this system a clockwork cherry pie.
How do you like this recipe?

5 Likes

Hi @Zireael,

You will have the option to pause a pie.

About the blue sky idea - while it will be definitely useful in the particular use case you are describing, such functionality will significantly increase the complexity of the feature. Moreover, setting limits for specific instruments will unbalance the pie very fast.

For instance, if you set a target weight of 10% for Google and set a limit price that will allow only some of your deposits to go against Google, its slice will quickly fall behind its 10% target.

2 Likes

I’m still confused about something, if I buy some stocks now, will I be able to add them to a pie afterwards? Thanks.

1 Like

@adidoes Yes. Once the pies are live, you will set up a pie and should be able to put in shares you own straight away.

1 Like

Looking at AutoInvest, it looks like an entirely new menu flow.

My question is, is AutoInvest going to only work with recurring deposits? What if we want to make extra manual deposits but still take advantage of DRIP? Does AutoInvest also use available free funds? It is unclear by the videos shown!

1 Like

@marchchip Absolutely - you will be able to do extra manual deposits using your free funds :slight_smile:

And yes, you will still be able to take advantage of the dividend reinvestment option.

5 Likes

Will the pie sell off stocks and rebalance ?

2 Likes

That would be bad, I think what will happen is the money you deposit will be allocated to the underweight stocks.

2 Likes

If they do add a sell of feature, I’d at least want to be able to deactivate the feature.

5 Likes

Are we close to having a release date yet?

1 Like

Yeah, not to be rude or pushy or anything, but HURRY UP!!! I NEED IT NOW!!!

4 Likes

I think with the coronavirus we all can wait. There are more important things in life right now.

5 Likes

Will this feature be available also on the web browser? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think that’s a reason we need it even earlier :wink:

2 Likes

The development of AutoInvest goes according to the plan. We are still aiming for an April release. Even if there’s a delay, it won’t be substantial.

Every singe team member works from home and yet productivity is at top level. The team is mobilised to deliver, no matter what.

20 Likes

The sooner the better, at time like this :smiley: counting the days

I’m hoping the development is already done (we saw the videos) and you guys are just testing.

Right now the conditions are very attractive to enter and start because of low prices. I believe it should be launched as soon as possible!

1 Like